5.2.1 feedback

ljesh

• WHMCS CEO
This is still a major issue in 5.2.2.

He may have 'addressed' this, by giving 'instructions' on how to modify certain pages, but those instructions are lacking.

From what I can tell, the entire system has been changed as far as variables and custom pages go, for whatever reason. This makes WHMCS pretty much unusable, if you rely on these pages.

That's not the case. We didn't give instructions on how to make them work, we made it so that older pages would continue to work without requiring any changes at all - please see the announcement @ http://blog.whmcs.com/?t=69746

Matt

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not the case. We didn't give instructions on how to make them work, we made it so that older pages would continue to work without requiring any changes at all

Matt

I hate to say it, but that is simply not true

#1: If this were the case, I could simply take my pages with dbconnect includes and throw them into the system, expecting them to work. Not so much:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare getvalidlanguages() in /home/user/public_html/init.php on line 25

Even commenting that out, guess what?

Fatal error: Call to a member function assign() on a non-object in /home/user/public_html/file.php on line xxx

Tracking down that line, and that assign? Why look, it's smarty, something that shouldn't ever have been messed with to begin with!

To sit here and claim

we made it so that older pages would continue to work without requiring any changes at all

is incorrect... Without changing the system, it's all erroring out, stuff that worked in 5.1.x perfectly.

[edit]

just verified that I am in fact on 5.2.2 , on the odd chance I wasn't

[/edit]

Edited by twhiting9275