Well Done WHMCS!

DavidBee

Spoke too soon:( Seems just to be our install tho.

Our clientarea.php dont show anything. Tried the normal blank page fixes with no avail. Turned on showing errors and get the following.

Fatal error: Call to a member function assign() on a non-object in /************/includes/hooks/livehelp.php on line 0

If anyone has a template from Zomex then their is an issue as Jack (Zomex) just issued this email

WHMCS 5.2.1 stable was released today, there's been a change to the code used to create custom pages which results in the old code showing the down for maintenance message. Our templates use the official WHMCS provided code for custom pages:

http://docs.whmcs.com/Creating_Pages

This code needs to be updated since 5.2.1 so we'll be sending the revised files + instructions today. Until then I advise you not to upgrade to WHMCS 5.2.1 because our templates make use of the official custom pages code provided by WHMCS.

Regards,

Jack Curtis,

Zomex.com

Day 1 - tested on dev machine and all hell broke loose during upgrade.. No admin login (no errors either), and just applying the patch against the old version breaks domain regs in cart....

I'll just crank up modsec for a few days while WHMCS sorts it all out.

Piece of advice for WHMCS, hold off on fulfilling upgrade orders, or at least prioritize bug/trouble tickets vs upgrade requests this time....

OK well first of all make sure your WHMCS install is in maintaince mode and redirecting to another page off you WHMCS. Enable the Setup > General Settings > Other tab > Display Errors option and then refresh the page you are getting the blank page on.

This will display errors and direct you to 3rd party addons or hooks you may have installed. We simply deleted these. This is nothing to do with WHMCS.

if you need further help then drop me a PM and I wil be glad to help you. Other than that everything else went OK for us. We had no errors as mentioned on these forums so far.

im stuck on:

Down for Maintenance (Err 2)

An upgrade is currently in progress... Please come back soon...

tried to visit /install2/install.php

still the same..... whmcs please advise

I only saw this when uploading files. Try uploading your files again? Some of them may be corrupt.

Hello,

In the WHMCS release notes we've discontinued dbconnect.php in 5.2.

http://docs.whmcs.com/Release_Notes#Version_5.2

May likely have been the issue.

Running $display_errors = 'true'; should give more insight.

Hi Chris,

All I get is:

"Fatal error: Call to a member function assign() on a non-object in /<snip>/billing/includes/hooks/livehelp.php on line 0"

If I remove that file, it works, but then I lose the Live Help I'm paying for...

Edited by ssmmdd

Unfortunately the livechat will need a separate update. At this time it's recommend that you simply rename the file until we can get an update out. There is no ETA for it currently, but Matt is working on these issues and more updates to come.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. We'll have this sorted soon.

Renamed the file, which resolved the same issue for us. However, this is a big inconvenience and something that really should have been tested before this update went live?

Also, my clientareahome paid addon (from tshosting) doesn't work anymore either =/

Unfortunately the livechat will need a separate update. At this time it's recommend that you simply rename the file until we can get an update out. There is no ETA for it currently, but Matt is working on these issues and more updates to come.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. We'll have this sorted soon.

Another note:

After the update from 5.1.2 to 5.2.1, the IP MONITOR cron job is causing emails to be sent displaying:

<div style="border: 1px dashed #cc0000;font-family:Tahoma;background-color:#FBEEEB;width:100%;padding:10px;color:#cc0000;"><strong>Down for Maintenance</strong><br>An upgrade is currently in progress... Please come back soon...</div>