[NOT A BUG] Invalid Token

Sanyh

Last I heard from Matt about this issue where you login as client, overwriting the token that was valid when you loaded the ticket, was as follows:

Ah ok yep, I think you might be on to something there. It does look to be that the issue is when you login as client, as that is issueing a new token salt for the client login. Let me check into what we can do about this.

Hopefully there'll be a patch soon.

• 6 months later...

No, this error does not "[only happen] when the 'login as client' feature is used and active." e.g., Immediately after installing WHMCS (i.e., After deleting the ./whmcs/installation directory but before making any configuration changes) ./whmcs/admin/configgeneral.php complains "Invalid Token" whenever I attempt to update any of the system settings (i.e., General, Localisation, Add Client, etc).

Eric Pretorious

Truckee, CA

Edited by epretorious

• WHMCS CEO

You will see this error message any time the CSRF protection detects a form post submission within the admin area that has an invalid token value. CSRF protection prevents unauthorized form submissions from being made and is a security feature of WHMCS.

The only cause for you to see this error during normal operation is if your PHP session times out and clears between the time when you first load the page and when you submit the information on it. To avoid it, if you've been sitting on a page for a long time before you are ready to submit, simply refresh it first before you submit to ensure it has a current and valid token value.

Matt

• 6 months later...

Matt this happens to me all the time now.

I can be on a page for under 3 seconds and as soon as I try to submit a form I get the invalid token, no way am I timing out in 3 seconds.

It doesn't matter where I am submitting/saving the form.

Matt this happens to me all the time now.

I can be on a page for under 3 seconds and as soon as I try to submit a form I get the invalid token, no way am I timing out in 3 seconds.

It doesn't matter where I am submitting/saving the form.

Jin,

Can you open a ticket and reference this forum post so we can take a look?