Addon: Bulk Password Change

Automatically change all server module passwords. This module is useful if for some reason you believe your server has been compromised.

It uses the built in WHMCS API to automatically update the password and optionally send a new password email.

- Changes all server module passwords (i.e. web hosting control passwords) in one easy step

- Can optionally send a new password email

- Automatically adds a new email template which you can customize for the new password emails

- Uses AJAX/jQuery to change the passwords and send the emails one by one to prevent timeouts

- Displays a progress bar while it works

- Uses the WHMCS API to send the emails so the emails will get logged to the email logs of each user

- Compatible with any server module as long as the built in WHMCS server module supports changing passwords

- Select which servers to process

The addon may be ordered here:

https://www.gowhmcs.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=1

It is also listed in the WHMCS community addons directory.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
I just grabbed it because of security concerns. Works perfectly. Like a charm.

And Ben was helpful enough to assist me testing it before applying it in production servers.

Love you mate :)

Glad you like it and I'm glad we could implement a way to test it before running a full password reset. We will use these new ideas for the next version of this addon, thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi:

Puchased and installed v1.1 on 7th November - Invoice # 216

Ran your Addon under WHMCS v5.2.12 against my eight servers and it sent out emails to each client and changed the Password for each client in WHMCS, but when I checked some random accounts today I found it did not change the cPanel / ftp password for any of the the accounts I checked ;-(

I've since upgraded WHMCS to v5.2.13.

I've again run your Addon against my eight servers today and it again sent out emails to each client and changed the Password for each client in WHMCS, but when I checked some random accounts I again found it did not change the cPanel / ftp password for any of the the accounts I checked ;-(

Any idea as to what could be the problem?

• 1 month later...
Does this works for changing the server root password instead of the client's control panel password? The root password which I have referred is at Setup > Product/Services > Servers

Sorry I missed this. Not it only changes the account passwords from WHMCS and the servers control panel password (i.e. cPanel).

- - - Updated - - -

Hi:

Puchased and installed v1.1 on 7th November - Invoice # 216

Ran your Addon under WHMCS v5.2.12 against my eight servers and it sent out emails to each client and changed the Password for each client in WHMCS, but when I checked some random accounts today I found it did not change the cPanel / ftp password for any of the the accounts I checked ;-(

I've since upgraded WHMCS to v5.2.13.

I've again run your Addon against my eight servers today and it again sent out emails to each client and changed the Password for each client in WHMCS, but when I checked some random accounts I again found it did not change the cPanel / ftp password for any of the the accounts I checked ;-(

Any idea as to what could be the problem?

Please submit a ticket and we can check this. The addon uses the built in WHMCS API to perform the reset actions so as long as those are working this should be working.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Is this module encoded?

Yes this is encoded like WHMCS.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,

I just bought this addon.

Can anyone tell me how to install it and use it, please?

I haven't got any email with a tutorial or anything like it.

Please, help!

Regards,

Christian.

There is a REAM_ME.txt file in the addon. If you still have questions please let me know the specifics.

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...