HostGator Acquired - Precautionary Measure?

jrianto

wheres Brents name on that post. it could of been made by anyone using the username hostgator. so this is not proof of anything

Well, that is the corporate HG account on WHT, and you typically see Brent posting under it. So I would say thats about as close to confirmed you'll get until the deal closes.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, that is the corporate HG account on WHT, and you typically see Brent posting under it. So I would say thats about as close to confirmed you'll get until the deal closes.

but anyone at hostgator can have access to it, so until their is something on their sites its just a rumor

but anyone at hostgator can have access to it, so until their is something on their sites its just a rumor

True. But surely Brent wouldn't allow such rumors to be perpetrated on the forum using the company name, unless they were true.

Actually no they cannot. You cannot share accounts on WHT and I doubt he would be stupid enough to violate any rules.

I think you are clutching at straws to be honest, as Frank said, it's the official HG WHT account that Brent has been using since 2002. For another HG rep to suddenly start using the account and to say something like that, would be strange to say the least.

i can set up a email and make the reply to address as brent@hostgator.com, so it will look like the email come from brent@hostgator.com.

Though there are many ways to fake that, but I tend to doubt you'd be able to pull that off convincingly.

wheres Brents name on that post. it could of been made by anyone using the username hostgator. so this is not proof of anything

That is definitely Brent's account. Seriously doubt he'd let anyone else use it.

Speaking of rumors....

What you're suggesting is that anyone at HG would have access to the owner's private WHT account? Based on what?

it is a rumor until it is made official on their websites

http://greatresponder.com/2012/07/02/hostgator-acquisition-biggest-web-hosting-news-of-last-week/

The deal is expected to be finalized in next couple of weeks if the process of acquisition moves forward smoothly. This was also confirmed by the chief executive officer of HostGator Mr. Brent Oxley.

Just sayin'.

a blog report anyone can write

Let's recap your thoughts.

1) An email anyone can claim is from the owner (anyone with even moderate skills can spot a fake).

2) A forum account post anyone from HG could have written to the owners account (very unlikely).

3) A blog post where anyone could say anything (and stating it's confirmed by Brent means they're legally accountable if that's untrue, and would likely have been issued a C&D to get it removed rather quickly).

I'm a skeptic, and have been for years. As you say, it's not proven until it's done and announced....but will you believe it then, finally? I have doubts. Even more than you do.

Let's recap your thoughts.

1) An email anyone can claim is from the owner (anyone with even moderate skills can spot a fake).

2) A forum account post anyone from HG could have written to the owners account (very unlikely).

3) A blog post where anyone could say anything (and stating it's confirmed by Brent means they're legally accountable if that's untrue, and would likely have been issued a C&D to get it removed rather quickly).

I'm a skeptic, and have been for years. As you say, it's not proven until it's done and announced....but will you believe it then, finally? I have doubts. Even more than you do.

i will believe once its done and an OFFICIAL announcement is made on both the HG and EIG websites

HostGator - One of the world's biggest web host is being acquired by Endurance International Group (EIG). The deal will be completed in the next two weeks.

Are you a HostGator reseller?

If you are like me, you would be happy with HG's excellent services, but things can happen when ownership changes. Should you take precautionary measure, for safety?

What are your thoughts?

http://www.tophosts.com/blog/2012/06/hostgator_acquired_by_endurance_group-013024.html

Share with us!

Why would it matter? What is it that jrianto thinks will happen?

He wonders "Should you take precautionary measure, for safety?". What measures does he think are needed?

Companies are bought and sold every day. What was jrianto reason for being so engaged on this particular item?

What is considered an "OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT". Thinking back, I so not recall any "OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENTS" when EIG took over other companies. I am not saying there never was, just that I have never seen one. As previously stated, companies are always changing hands and no announcements are made. Deals are made behind closed doors and the outcome is not visible till much later.

This morning I did try the chat system at Hostgator and am still waiting for someone to respond. Not very typical of Hostgator.

common, I think it's pretty obvious that hostgator was bought out by EIG. Expect their service to go downhill based off EIG previous buyouts.

How obvious. just because a few unconfirmed blogs have appeared online.

i can easily create a blog to say the WHMCS member eagle has won $100 million in a USA lottery and many people would believe this.

i can easily create a blog to say the WHMCS member eagle has won $100 million in a USA lottery and many people would believe this.

If the owner of the USA lottery came out and said Eagle had won $100m then I'd have no reason to doubt that was the case...but I know I'm flogging a dead horse so I'll shut up :-D

If the owner of the USA lottery came out and said Eagle had won $100m then I'd have no reason to doubt that was the case...but I know I'm flogging a dead horse so I'll shut up :-D

how would you know it was the owner of the USA lottery saying this, just because it has his name at the end does not 100% prove its him that sent or authorised it.

how would you know it was the owner of the USA lottery saying this, just because it has his name at the end does not 100% prove its him that sent or authorised it.

Yes, I'm sure it would have to be an employee with access to his private email and forum account and not actually him. (insert rolling eyes smilie, if only we had any)

• 1 month later...

What would we ask Brent about? It's a confirmed sale now, and why on earth would he respond to hundreds of people asking about it anyway. If he had felt compelled to comment he would have posted something earlier.

Not sure why there is so much interest in it anyway. Companies are bought and sold every day. Maybe I'm missing something.

This is not good news, I guess HostGator will turn into another JusHost, I'll never recommend HostGator to anyone else.. Brent let us all down :)

How did Brent let you down? We're you still happy on his last day at HG? If so, he did his job.

If you get let down from here on out, it will be the new owners who are at fault, not the old ones.