HostGator Acquired - Precautionary Measure?

jrianto

HostGator - One of the world's biggest web host is being acquired by Endurance International Group (EIG). The deal will be completed in the next two weeks.

Are you a HostGator reseller?

If you are like me, you would be happy with HG's excellent services, but things can happen when ownership changes. Should you take precautionary measure, for safety?

What are your thoughts?

http://www.tophosts.com/blog/2012/06/hostgator_acquired_by_endurance_group-013024.html

Share with us!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any proof of this.

nothing listed on HG or EIG site.

Their are just unconfirmed blog posts at the moment

Nothing. Everyone is spreading rumors based on an email that was put on pastebin supposedly from Brent Oxley. While its entirely possible that the email is valid, I'm not jumping on the rumor train until I see some sort of verifiable information to back them up.

I asked Brent about it just to confirm since we were doing a project together that will be offered to HostGator's resellers. He said yes, so I postponed my project due to this. So yes, from me personally, it is confirmed and he is just waiting for the payment to go through to finalize the deal.

I asked Brent about it just to confirm since we were doing a project together that will be offered to HostGator's resellers. He said yes, so I postponed my project due to this. So yes, from me personally, it is confirmed and he is just waiting for the payment to go through to finalize the deal.

this is just hearsay and proves nothing to anyone as Brent has not appeared on any forum personally to confirm and nothing on their sites.

this is still no proof as anyone could of wrote that blog under Bretts name.

if he actually wrote that then why has he not placed this on the HG site

Because:

1. The deal might not go through (If EIG can't finance it in time) - Why make some worry for no reason?

2. An official press release would come out before he comments can be made

Stop with this no proof crap, its been proven already by Brent himself - If EIG can get the finance within x weeks the deal will most likely go through - Then the press release etc... will come.

If you are going to reply saying no proof, just do yourself a fav and email brent@hostgator.com

I have an email from Brent confirming that he had sent that email to the HG Employees. That is all he said. I can post a screenshot of this if people require further proof that Brent indeed sent the email himself.

a screenshot of an email is not proof as anyone can send them under anyones name. their is still no official statement on either site

Staff I have spoken to at the San Antonio offices say it a BS rumor.

exactly, until their is an official statement posted on their websites then it is only a rumor, even if people say they have emails pertaining to be from Brent.

i can easily write an email and send to everyone on this forum in the name of bill gates, would you all think its come from mr gates