problem with state/region on signup page

snake

On the signup form the state/Region drop down is populated only with values only for the default selected country, which is UK in our case.

This has caused confusion with every single one of our non UK customers who has signed up (yes honestly, all of them without fail), every one of them ended up calling us saying that they could not complete the form because their state/region was not listed.

Yes I know that you just have to change the country which will re-populate the state/region dropdown, but given the number of calls we have had lately this is clearly not obvious to most people because you have to complete the state/region first before the country.

I found the template for the registration page so I see I can change the order or the fields, however I think it would be better to just have this as a plain text field and not a dropdown so customers can enter whatever they like.

Is this likely to cause any issues if I change this?

Do these templates get overwritten when whmcs gets updated?

• 2 weeks later...

ok, but do you see the issue?

most other countries when selected have a free text field for the region, and I think uk should as well to avoid this issue. Or at least make it optional in the settings.

As I said EVERY SINGLE ONE of out non uk signups had this problem, so it obviously isn't a one-off