single installation being fed by multiple external sites

RS 🏴

Question

Hi Matt,

I intend on installing WHMCS on a single generic company domain and then having a number of separate brand sites (my company trading as xxxxxx brand) with the intention of selling to particular markets more effectively. Is it possible to track which external sites are referring the orders?

Cheers,

Robert

7 answers to this question

Hi Matt,

I intend on installing WHMCS on a single generic company domain and then having a number of separate brand sites (my company trading as xxxxxx brand) with the intention of selling to particular markets more effectively. Is it possible to track which external sites are referring the orders?

Cheers,

Robert

Hi

Yes you can do this, all you do is create your products/services in your WHMCS and then place the order URL on whatever website your want to advertise the product, so when the item is ordered it will direct the buyer to your WHMCS order form.

Hi easyhosting,

I was already sure it was possible to have the external sites feed the site with WHMCS installed on it, but I was asking if it were possible to track the referring site with each order? Is there some kind of affiliate system? If there is, can I set up multiple kinds of affiliates? In this case I'd like to have an affiliate which doesn't earn anything from the commission because they'd all be my own sites anyway.

Cheers,

Robert

Hi easyhosting,

I was already sure it was possible to have the external sites feed the site with WHMCS installed on it, but I was asking if it were possible to track the referring site with each order? Is there some kind of affiliate system? If there is, can I set up multiple kinds of affiliates? In this case I'd like to have an affiliate which doesn't earn anything from the commission because they'd all be my own sites anyway.

Cheers,

Robert

In all honesty, if your looking at this i would say your WHMCS installations is in a location that would not be public? why not just use the API within WHMCS and submit orders from the website instead? in this way your can track everything you need to easily.

Failing that, give each site a an account, (and affiliate it) the affiliate settings can be set per client/client group to whatever you want, EG: 0 commission required here.