Will WHMCS support ever be back to normal?

stormy

I do actually understand what you are on about but what I'm failing to grasp from your response is what is so hard to simply contact Matt through either the helpdesk or forum with the specific ticket IDs that you need resolving?

It is quite possible that there are a number of open tickets in the system for whatever reason but if there are issues that are causing you problems then be pro-active about it, nag them (whmcs), give them the IDs they need and they will get resolved.

Seems to be lately that more and more users on here are being reactive rather than pro-active when it comes to stuff like this...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear you. I guess I don't see the difference between replying to the actual ticket (which I have done, too many times to keep track) and logging a ticket to complain about open tickets. But yes, I suppose I will have to resort to that.

Why do people make this so difficult? Yet another person more interested in bashing WHMCS than they are in getting a problem solved. I just don't get it.

Stormy, Why not just send Matt the ticket number? He openly apologized to you for a slow response, and invited you to provide him the specific ticket number so he could look at it.

Right now the fact that you still have a problem is not Matt's fault, but yours.

So, using WHMCS technical support and not getting a reply from them is own my fault now. That's funny! :-)

If you read the thread (I know, too much effort) you'll see I haven't bashed WHMCS. I like WHMCS.

I didn't open this thread to get a reply to my tickets, or to criticise WHMCS. I hope it's more clear now.

So, using WHMCS technical support and not getting a reply from them is own my fault now. That's funny! :-)

You did get a reply from Matt, and he asked you a direct question in an effort to help you. You refuse to answer his question, so yes, it is your fault.

If you read the thread (I know, too much effort) you'll see I haven't bashed WHMCS. I like WHMCS.

I have followed the thread from day one, and read every post. I hope you never like me as much as you like WHMCS.

I didn't open this thread to get a reply to my tickets, or to criticise WHMCS. I hope it's more clear now.

Almost every post you have made was critical of WHMCS, I don't think anyone else here will dispute that.

What's clear is that you refuse to help Matt help you by providing him with the ticket number.

-I like WHMCS (the product).

-I like Matt (never met him but he created a great product).

-I'm worried that the level of support isn't as good as it used to be.

-There are a lot of "silences", as described above.

-When things happen to depend exclusively on Matt (and it does happen), it can get very, very slow, without explanation.

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that has experienced this, and I really hope things change for the better.

So, one last time: I'm really glad the problem is not widespread. I will crawl back to my hole now.

Crawling out of my hole, after giving WHMCS a week to reply to my tickets.

Ok - let's do it. I've opened a ticket to enquire about the open tickets. Maybe they are somehow lost in the system.

Edited by stormy

Crawling out of my hole, after giving WHMCS a week to reply to my tickets.

How can I send Matt my ticket number when he has my tickets open in his queue and doesn't reply to them? Should I put in a ticket about a ticket about a ticket?

Seriously? I think you are just trying drag this out, for what ever reason.

You can post the ticket # here, or send it to Matt in an private message. Matt and John both monitor these threads, but you already knew that.

I suppose you'll never understand that the specifics of my tickets are not the problem, the quality of support is.

If it doesn't bug you that a WHMCS customer has to open a new ticket to enquire about the status of two open tickets, because no one replies to them, good for you!

The options don't look good to me:

-The tickets could be "lost" somehow --> That would be worrying because it's the same system I use with my customers.

-WHMCS staff doesn't care --> That would be worrying because I depend on their product to make a living.

-WHMCS staff are too busy, or aren't qualified to work on the problem --> Same as above.

I just don't see any possible outcome that is not worrying to me. I guess I'm a "worrier".

I suppose you'll never understand that the specifics of my tickets are not the problem, the quality of support is.

Matt offered you one - on -one support several days ago. That's about the highest level of support I can imagine. If you aren't going to accept that then I don't know what you expect.

WHMCS staff doesn't care --> That would be worrying because I depend on their product to make a living.

If he didn't care, why would he offer you the aforementioned support?

WHMCS staff are too busy, or aren't qualified to work on the problem

If anything they are too busy helping people who truly want the help, and really should be spared people just want to complain.

You could have had help 2 weeks ago, but declined it and chose to fight Matt's simple offer of help in exchange for a ticket number.

If anything, your own customers have suffered because you refused to take advantage of Matt's offer to help.

Matt offered you one - on -one support several days ago. That's about the highest level of support I can imagine. If you aren't going to accept that then I don't know what you expect.

I _already_ had one-on-one support from Matt, until he disappeared. The tickets I'm talking about were handled by him, and were/are in his queue. All he needs to do is log in to see them.

So, what you say is that WHMCS support is fine - as long as you complain in the forum, get an answer from Matt, and then open a new ticket with the ticket numbers of the open tickets so someone gets around to reply to them.

If a ticket is open in the system, then it IS open, and someone needs to reply to it. It doesn't require any further action from the customer. There isn't a special category for "open tickets from people that complained in the forum" - and if there is one, there shouldn't be!

If anything they are too busy helping people who truly want the help, and really should be spared people just want to complain.

I didn't open one single ticket to complain.

And I didn't open this thread to complain about any specific tickets. Is that so hard to understand?

• 1 month later...

One month later, and even after opening a ticket about the ticket, all I got from Matt was one reply, asking him to remind him what the ticket is about. No further action. The ticket was mistakenly closed once or twice, and I also opened another ticket about the ticket, with no luck (it simply got merged with the original one).

I really hope the cPanel acquisition improves things. It does give me more peace of mind for the long term though.

I don't need or want to make all the details public.

I'm working with support staff on a bug on a Registrar module. This involves installing a version of the module that doesn't work, so they can see the errors (and my customers can't order/transfer domains).

Are you able to comment on this registrar module bug at all here? There may be a chance that others have come across it and could possibly help sort it out for you.

Is this a custom module or part of the WHMCS product? If the former, I would think it would take a lower priority than tickets concerning the product itself.

I agree with you that I'd want to know if it was set to a lower priority so that I'm aware there's going to be an undetermined amount of wait time. And I might even expect it, if this was some custom coding issue that only WHMCS can assist with sorting out for me.

Still, a 3 page thread of vague comments doesn't help get your problem solved. You might consider bringing it to the community here if you are able. There are many very smart people that use and customize WHMCS that come here that might be able to help. In doing so you're helping others get more important, product issues taken care of instead of being bogged down assisting with custom issues not everyone has a problem with.

I am able to comment, it's a collection of problems with the LogicBoxes (i.e. ResellerClub and Netearthone) module that's part of the standard WHMCS. The module, as everything else, is encrypted, so there's nothing anyone else can do, short of writing a custom module, which would defeat the purpose.

The problems affect each and every WHMCS user that uses ResellerClub or NetEarthOne. However, the issues are centered around domain transfers-in, of which I have thousands, while some people would have hundreds, and also around some regional (and very popular) domains.

It's a very important product issue that's part of the standard WHMCS install, with the potential to affect every user of this module, depending on the TLDs they choose to sell and if they do transfers and not only registrations. I'm not being a crybaby about some custom little thing that no one cares about.

I didn't open this thread to have my problem solved, I opened to comment on the quality of support I'm receiving from WHMCS, which was excellent before v5 came out.

Anyway, I think this is a dead horse. I've tried to get my point across the best I could, I didn't do great, and now it's time to shut up again. :)

And now that Cpanel has a vested interest in WHMCS im sure they have a say in project time and project management which will only delay things further unless WHMCS gets some serious help getting tickets under control.

I say this for those that have waited only, i personally am happy with the way my tickets have been addressed, and i have had no issues with tech support, they usually reply within a day at most and usually answer the question properly. But most of my tickets have been very simple fixes so can not speak for tickets regarding more complex issues as i have not had any.

• 3 weeks later...

I Know what I think. Support has been great for us up until a few weeks ago when it just seemed to grind to a halt... Now it's pathetic... A week to reply to a ticket is not what I call support... For a product with the profile of WHMCS it's an embarrassment and may well result in them losing our business if things don't pick up in very short order.

• 3 weeks later...
I am able to comment, it's a collection of problems with the LogicBoxes (i.e. ResellerClub and Netearthone) module that's part of the standard WHMCS. The module, as everything else, is encrypted, so there's nothing anyone else can do, short of writing a custom module, which would defeat the purpose.

The problems affect each and every WHMCS user that uses ResellerClub or NetEarthOne. However, the issues are centered around domain transfers-in, of which I have thousands, while some people would have hundreds, and also around some regional (and very popular) domains.

It's a very important product issue that's part of the standard WHMCS install, with the potential to affect every user of this module, depending on the TLDs they choose to sell and if they do transfers and not only registrations. I'm not being a crybaby about some custom little thing that no one cares about.

I didn't open this thread to have my problem solved, I opened to comment on the quality of support I'm receiving from WHMCS, which was excellent before v5 came out.

Anyway, I think this is a dead horse. I've tried to get my point across the best I could, I didn't do great, and now it's time to shut up again. :)

Hi there,

I contacted WHMCS Support regarding this issue and they provided me with 3 files to fix this in only a few minutes. ;)