Password reset link not working

Following on from the compromise yesterday, I have tried to do a password reset, as having changed my password as instructed, the WHMCS client area will not let me in with the new password (possibly a typo though). In any case, having requested a password reset a couple of times, and also submitting a support ticket directly to WHMCS via their sales support (as I cant login to my account to send one from there) no emails are forthcoming to start the password reset or an acknowledgement of the support ticket.

Could WHMCS have a look at this with great urgency and let us know why the password reset emails arent coming through?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you 100% sure that you used the right email for the password reset? You could always search for the welcome email on all emails you use.

The reason I ask is because most people rarely need to login to the client area normally so it may be easy to forget which email was used.

If you have any doubt's about a typo you need to ensure you are sorting this first of all.

The services WHMCS use have been getting attacked by a DDoS most of the day, I would suggest WHMCS may be slightly busy building the new cluster he is working on. I've been able to reset my password with no issues today as a precaution so i'd highly doubt the server being re-compromised for just one email.

I can go until the pw change form, but on submitting it seems to time out.

It must have been a horrible day for WHMCS to whom I extend my sympathy, but on follow up I can see all details about the culprit seem to be at large too. Payback time.

• WHMCS CEO

A lot of users have been able to successfully reset their passwords so far, and it does seem to be working ok from here right now in testing, so please double check spam folders and that our domain is whitelisted for your email.

Matt

No gave correct email, and WHMCS is not blocked otherwise I would not have received any invoices.

if your using an email client ( outlook etc.) then check the webmail for the email address as some emails will show up in webmail but for some reason do not get through to an email client

I reset my password right after I determined my data was indeed compromised. I logged into the Client Portal and changed it there. Then, WHMCS reset all the passwords and I had to request another new one and it worked right away, I logged in, and changed to a new password (very secure one). It would have been nice if Matt and company could have at least checked to see if passwords were already changed after the compromise before resetting again. This is not a complaint, just an observation.

I'm not new to this, as i said i received it almost 8 hours after i requested the new password and since 5 hours earlier, i'm still waiting for the password that should be sent after visiting the first link that WHMCS provide to my email.

Hi, multisoft

Turn off Callouts in EXIM.

Main*>>*Service Configuration*>>*Exim Configuration Manager

Peace!

BTW, I would love if we could delete or achieve the emails in our clientarea, That option would be a security Bonus :)

Edited by smorkin
added copy

I have also reset my password and received the "To reset your password, please visit the url below:" email within 1 min.

However its now been 30 minutes and still havn't received the new password??

I need to download the latest source however can't without a password :(

8 hours later, I have not received any emails and I did the password reset twice last night. Checked spam folders, nothing but Russian pill spammers in there. Getting all other emails just fine. I know Matt has been changing servers, etc, for WHMCS, but is anyone sure the new IP address for the forums isnt on any of the major blacklists? (SpamCop, etc) If so, now I can see why I'm not getting any of the emails.

Edited by desynced