Subdomain registration

KING dot NET

Question

21 answers to this question

Follow up on subdomain question.

If I can offer my customer my own yourdomain.com as describe here http://docs.whmcs.com/Products_and_Services#Other

will they be able to search available subdomains?

For example, if website.yourdomain.com is taken, will they be able to search a another.yourdomain.com, just like in .com .net .org?

This is a nice feature where I can offer alternative marketing domain name using our own.

Please let me know.

Thank you.

Hi

I don't see the "Other" tab.

http://demo.whmcs.com/admin/configproducts.php

Please help.

Please click the edit button of a desired product, You should then see the others tab to setup subdomain orders

Follow up on subdomain question.

If I can offer my customer my own yourdomain.com as describe here http://docs.whmcs.com/Products_and_Services#Other

will they be able to search available subdomains?

For example, if website.yourdomain.com is taken, will they be able to search a another.yourdomain.com, just like in .com .net .org?

This is a nice feature where I can offer alternative marketing domain name using our own.

Please let me know.

Thank you.

If your customer trys to order a subdomain that is already in use in your WHMCS they will recieve a error message saying "The subdomain you entered is already taken - please try again", They will then be able to search for another subdomain

Regards,

Liam

Hello,

How to configure a product to allow only the registration of a subdomain ?

I intend that customer have to see only the desired domain and select the free subdomain,

without allowing the domain registration/transfer management.

This feature can be used to sell email or ftp accounts also, if it would possible to modify the text used from whmcs to describe the product, in the case we want to sell other than a subdomain.

Any idea to realize this ?

Regards

Antonio

I find this the best way of offering sub-domains as offering them from within the product setup page other tab you can get the same sub-domain used by different clients.

this way they can not and also you get a whois lookup to get the clients details here is how and it is also working on the newest version of WHMCS here it is:

http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?t=4380&highlight=subwhois.php

Now that WHMCS is connected to cPanel (business wise), will the functionality of creating the subdomain in the existing domain account through cPanel occur in future releases of WHMCS?

Create a feature request in the suggestion center and if it has enough support maybe just that will happen. I think this would be more of a cPanel API update with WHMCS just extending the integration.

Hi John,

I have configured my copy of whmcs to offer free hosting with subdomain. It is functioning perfectly.

Is there any way that I can put up a minimum limit to the no of characters that a sub domain can have? Say the limit is 6. then no sub domain can be registered below that. Can you please help me on this.

hello there,

I am a beginner and I ask for your help for the same project subdomain

You could not help me if there is no file of php ect edite

thank you

ps: I'm French

Which part do you need assistance with, exactly? There is an article on subdomain hosting which you can find here: http://blog.arvixe.com/whmcs-subdomain-hosting/

Bonsoir

J ai bien suivi ton tutoriel encore merci

Pettie question c'est il possible avoir en plus les options par default pour que les clients on le chois pendant achat

Du coup que j'ai re cocher cela et pour les sous-domaine de Hébergement-discount.fr ça me marche pas avez une solution

Enregistrer un nouveau domaine

Transferer votre domaine d'un autre registraire

J'utiliserai mon nom de domaine existant et mettrai à jour mes nameservers

Utiliser un sous-domaine de Hébergement-discount.fr

Cordialement

good evening

J'm still followed your tutorial thank you

Pettie question is it possible to have more options by default for customers on the purchase during chois

So I re check this and the subdomain Accommodations discount.fr it does not work I have a solution

Register a new domain

Transfer your domain to another registrar

I will use my existing domain name and will update my nameservers

Use a subdomain Accommodations discount.fr

kind regards