Cron is spamming me with emails

lahatte

I went into cPanel to see what the cron was, and there was none set up! LOL... I must have forgotten to click the "add new cron job" button after I pasted the php code in... But if there was no cron set up at all, how did the system know to email me at all??

Take a look at the email interval

Is it a large batch all with the same time, sequential, or running between specific times?

Mine are time stamped

However what I do note is that although the cronjob is tasked for 00:00 sometimes it can be some time later

I tend to agree though, if you are receiving 60 then it is probably not configured correctly

I suggest you create another cronjob and compare

I also assume you are logging into WHM then the cPanel account for the reseller package, this is where the cronjob has been setup

How many cronjobs are present?

I had to call the techs that handle the server. Looks like WHMCS set up cron to run every minute for one hour. This cron was not listed in cpanel. Apparently WHMCS did this in the root. Unfortunately WHM does not have a way to see cron unless you do command line stuff, which I'm not familiar or comfortable with. Why would WHMCS auto set a cron and not give me the ability to specify what it should be set to? This seems to all have been done upon install of WHMCS. Is this a known issue?

Unless this is something quite new in v5, WHMCS doesn't set up the cron automatically to the best of my knowledge.

"WHM does not have a way to see cron unless you do command line stuff"

It does in every version of WHM (EDIT: misspoke, meant Cpanel) I've ever used. If there was no way to see or edit the cron from there, where was it you pasted that code?

I went into cPanel to see what the cron was, and there was none set up! LOL... I must have forgotten to click the "add new cron job" button after I pasted the php code in

whm-cron.jpg

Unless this is something quite new in v5, WHMCS doesn't set up the cron automatically to the best of my knowledge.

"WHM does not have a way to see cron unless you do command line stuff"

It does in every version of WHM I've ever used. If there was no way to see or edit the cron from there, where was it you pasted that code?

[ATTACH]2698[/ATTACH]

i accessed the cron through cPanel not whm... If i log into whm (http://sitename.com/whm) and search for "cron" nothing shows up. I have to go to the cPanel of the actual domain (http://sitename.com/cpanel)... The "Cron Jobs" is found there under advanced...

It's bound to be a new feature in v5. I was getting this email spam for days. When I logged into cPanel and looked under "Cron Jobs" it was empty. The server guys told me they saw it but it was done through command line in WHM. It was set to send email every minute for 1 hour once daily..