Domain Theft! Help

elysed

hello,

It seems my whmcs got hacked and my Enom account, all my domains are gone, has this happened to anyone? Im currently waitng to hear from Enom and to hear back from an internet lawyer how to retrieve these back. My cpanel/whm is ok, but not sure for how long, the nameservers are the same but who knows if they are going to be kept the same.

Very unlikely, as the Domain Name transfers would have required authorisation by email

They may have been pushed out of your enom account into a third parties

However this should also require authorisation by email

Check the email address on your enom account

I have two enom accounts

I created my own many years ago

Then for some reason WHMCS issued me with another, which I have never used

I also noticed two Domain Names disappeared, but I found them in this second account, so moved them back

I complained to enom, but they weren't interested

As a result I stopped using enom and am slowly moving all these Domain Names out as they come up for renewal

Ive tried to login my Enom account, and I was not able to log in at all, i tried the "forgot password" and when I typed in my email address connected to the account it said it wasnt in their database. I contacted Enom and they said I was not in the system and to prove my ownership of the account, I sent over my ID, the date i purchased the account and domains, and CC# I used, etc. I am still waiting to hear back from them.

When i got home i had a laptop redirected me to my Enom account with an auto sign-in, It lead me inside my account, but at the top it stated "no longer in the system" and my domains are all missing.

I am hoping to stop the transfers in its track but have read alot of horror stories on domain theft and how frustrating it is to retrieve them.

Just hoping someone had some positive feedback in someone experiencing the same.

Thanks the email verifications make me feel better hopefully they didnt get too far without doing so.

Thanks the email verifications make me feel better hopefully they didnt get too far without doing so.

Not to disappoint, but that email would go to the account holder for the OK, and if that was changed to someone else as you say, they probably agreed to the move. Hopefully Enom will see it's a theft, but you never know.

I'd be spending my time while awaiting that response gathering additional evidence like CC statements for purchases, dates of transactions and anything that would prove I'd had access until quite recently.

They may have been pushed out of your enom account into a third parties

However this should also require authorisation by email

That's not correct. Pushed domains don't require email authorisation. There are on-screen prompts warning that a push is final and can only be done every x number of days.

I'm with bear on this one. Gather the evidence that the domain account was yours and persist with eNom. Good luck.

Thanks, I have reported the domains and my clients domains on the domaintheft.org, and awaiting further notice from them and Enom.

Hopefully doesnt cost me too much money to recover if Enom cant do anything and if left their registrar for another, and for the meantime I hope they keep the nameservers the same to everyones sites will remain live.

I will update with further notice just in case someone has the same issue in the future :/

Edited by elysed

That's not correct. Pushed domains don't require email authorisation

As above, there is an option for email, so hence the wording I used

I have three such emails from 2009 and still have the email copies on the customers account

I pushed these from my account to their account, at their request