importing domains from ENOM

snake

currently we use an ENOM instant reseller account to sell our domains.

I have read how to import individual domains into WHMCS, but the problem is that all our customers have sub-accounts, through which they currently renew their domains.

Is this going to work with WHMCS as I presume this does all domain registrations/renewals and transfers through the main reseller account ?

Snake

• 1 month later...

the problem is that all our customers have sub-accounts, through which they currently renew their domains

There is your problem.

This is a "peculiar" feature of enom attempting to bridge registry-rocket and resellers - there are no "solutions" - if you want to use the "instant reseller" stuff, you have to do everything through the enom website(s)

I have checked the enom API and it is possible to renew domains in sub-accounts, so WHMCS could be made to do this.

The problem with having the domain directly under your reseller account is the users then cannot login and use all the features, theya r elimited to what can be done via WHMCS.

• 2 weeks later...
I have checked the enom API and it is possible to renew domains in sub-accounts, so WHMCS could be made to do this.

The problem with having the domain directly under your reseller account is the users then cannot login and use all the features, theya r elimited to what can be done via WHMCS.

I'm finding this to be a big problem too. If someone registers a domain name via WHMCS, it ends up in my Enom account. I'm averse to leave it there as I strongly believe clients should have their own account (or sub account as the case may be). So then I push the domain into their sub account in Enom and I'm assuming I have to delete their domain within WHMCS or they'll be double billed in a year.

It's a very cumbersome way to do business.

Or am I missing something? There's got to be an easier say. WHMCS is amazing software in every other respect.

Scott

http://www.lucky-tiger-products.com/

• 9 months later...