[NOT A BUG] ResellerClub Curl Error 7

Hey there - Since I upgraded to 4.5.1 my clients domains already registered with Resellerclub are getting this error:

CURL Error: 7 - couldn't connect to host

When you order a domain name, it appears to work just fine. It's a problem that appears to be exclusive to domains once they are registered.

Has anyone else experienced this or have any recommendations for resolving this?

We got this up and running. Matt's instruction was correct. We had a problem finding which IP was reporting when we connected to ResellerClub. The way to easily discover which IP your server is reporting is to run the following shell command (per resellerclub):

lynx --dump http://www.whatismyip.com/ | grep -o '[0-9].*\.[0-9].*\.[0-9].*\.[0-9].*' -m1

Hope this helps anyone having the same troubles.

If you use a dedicated IP for your website (whmcs), you need to NOT use this IP.. Instead use the server's main shared IP as this is what RC sees. Also, you can add multiple IPs, but make sure the first one is your server's main shared IP.

If you use a dedicated IP for your website (whmcs), you need to NOT use this IP.. Instead use the server's main shared IP as this is what RC sees. Also, you can add multiple IPs, but make sure the first one is your server's main shared IP.

This depends upon how the server is configured.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Oddly, a few days ago after I upgraded WHMCS for the security release I started getting this Curl 7 error that night, the first time the cron ran. Per the wiki I added both my main shared server IP, as well as my dedicated IP in the resellerclub API area.

After I placed the shared IP first, I get a different error... it just says "an unexpected error has occurred". If I remove the shared IP... it goes back to "Curl Error 7".

Any tips?

After some investigation and looking around here is what corrected it for me. All these corrections were based on the ResellerClub FAQ database or Wiki.

First I double checked IP addresses to ensure they were correct within the ResellerClub API ... they were.

Then I made sure both ports 2086 & 2087 were open. Still got the errors...

THEN, I checked the domain registrar info within WHMCS.... guess what? It must have been overwritten during the upgrade process, as the User ID was missing. (Oddly the password appeared to be intact.)

I edited the info for my ResellerClub Domain Registrar.... Ran the cron job and Woo Hoo!! No errors!

Hope this info helps!

I am also receiving this error when running the Domain Syncronisation Cron for NetEarthOne. The odd thing is, it seems to happen every other day and, when it does occur, connection fails for only half the domains. Other days, there are no problems. Some of the domains are on shared IPs and some not, regardless of whether or not the connection succeeds.

What would cause this intermittent problem?