Support Tickets - cannot view attachments

markjohnson

Hi,

In the support admin, I have no problems viewing client support tickets, but when I click on the attachment, it takes me to client login screen.

I have checked attachment directory as well as templates_c etc and they are all writable, and the created attachments do actually exist there.

I have tried piping support emails as well as running a cron job to fetch emails from a pop account. Neither seems to work.

I would appreciate urgent fix for this as many customers have emailed us with attachments (jpegs and gifs) which we are unable to view without ftp'ing directly into the server.

• 3 months later...

I have the same problem with the attachments taking me to the client login screen.

I also notice "Login as Client" no longer works. It always returns "Login Details Incorrect. Please try again."

Any ideas how to fix? I am using the newest version of WHMCS, Joomla and J!WHMCS.

Thanks but none of that helped and this was working just fine previously.

What I just did is specified the following in my WHMCS configuration.php file:

$attachments_dir="/home/ioc/attachments/";

I then created the folder /home/ioc/attachments/, made sure the permissions were set to 777. I also tried 755 since we use suPHP on our servers.

Previously my attachment folder was at /home/ioc/public_html/support/attachments/

The problem still happens if a customer creates a support ticket and attaches a file. They are able to then click on the file from within the support ticket and download it, but we as admins cannot download the attachment from the admin area. It just bring me back out to the Client Login screen even though I am logged into the WHMCS admin area as a Full Admin.

It's almost as if I, as the admin, don't have rights to view the attachment and kicks me back out to the Client Area login page and asked me to login.

Also any ideas why "Login as Client" no longer works as well?

• 1 year later...

I see this issue reported several times in the forums, with no replies at all. I have the same issue, but its only a problem with Google Chrome, as IE and Firefox load attachments just fine. I can even see the attachment preview, but when I click on the attachments, I get prompted for a new login.

Still no thoughts? I plan to just go open a ticket.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • WHMCS Support Manager

Hi,

This behaviour could suggest there's a blank space or carriage return outside the <?php and ?> tags in one of your php files. There should be nothing before or after these tags. The common problem spots are the commonly modified ones:

/includes/hooks/

/modules/admin/

/modules/addons/

/modules/registrars/

/modules/servers/

/lang/

/lang/overrides/

/admin/lang/

/admin/lang/overrides/