whmcsFORUM

ChrisTERiS

Hello all,

Having a 5 years experiance developing modules for vBulletin, and with a portfolio of over 25 of them, I do believe that I've the knowledge to release a Forum Module for WHMCS. But as I'm always developing based on users' suggestions, I'll be greatfull to share here some of them.

Some important things to have in mind before asking incredible features. Even if it will be commercial, I want to keep the price as low as it can be done (comparing with the features). I'm thinking to sell it for $49.95 Lifetime Owned License, Brand Free version (no copyright links on the page) with 6 months support and free updates/upgrades. I believe that this price is fair for you and for me too. This price should be the final if I don't add PM features. Why?

Is not that I can't add PM features. Actually I've already the script ready with PM. I had released it under the name vPortallin, 3 years ago. But let face the reality on adding this features. PMs are fine if you're operating a community. But as I know 95% of you, are operating a Hosting company, or Software company, or something similar. By adding PMs, the only happy part should be your members as they'll have another way to bomb you with the same question. You know very well that, there are sooooo many impatient members who want a reply right now. That's why they post in forum, they send PM, and of course they open a support ticket too. All of them for the same issue.

PMs will also make happy your competitors as they'll give a free way to contact in private your members. Don't know if you've the same experiance, or I was the only unlucky coder/webmaster who faced such situations.

So, except the screenshoot below, here are some features already included:

1. WHMCS native module, so the user integration is native. The only that your clients need to do is to press a button "Activate my Forum Account" and choose a username.
  2. Unlimited depth of Forum categories
  3. Nice HTML editor for posts
  4. Ability to add 4 screenshoots per post which appear as gallery
  5. Ability to add attachements other than photos
  6. vBulletin style search
  7. OnClick User profile popup (no need to redirect to other page)
  8. Full Administrators, Sales Administrators and Supports Administrators are by default Moderators in forums.
  9. User Ranks
  10. ... and others that I can't remember right now. Of course don't expect infractions and similar features.

All the best

Maria

forum.jpg

An integrated forum system for already exists: http://www.whmcsbb.com/

If you are interested in doing some sorta forum system for WHMCS I would suggest that you integrate an already available forum system such as vB, except I believe someone has already linked them.

So what? The market is open. Do you mean that for every product, service etc must be only one available choice? I think that you've got wrong the life. As many available products/services on the same fields, as more quality, as less price.

In any case, I started this thread to get suggestion for FEATURES and not advices if it's good to do it or not. Actually, it will be finish for sure as I want to use it on my own site.

Maria

Hello Maria;

I meant no offense to you. I was simply saying that this type of addon is already available.

I NEVER said not to go for it. I do agree the market is open! Absolutely go for it!

I was simply stating my personal opinion on the matter. I would much rather prefer to use a solution that is already available as there are so many good ones out there already. It's just a shame that none of them are really truly integrated into WHMCS ;)

A good start for features can actually be found in the link above. May as well start out beating out your competition.

Looks good!

@jeremyhaber

The vb link integration doesn't work on the latest version and the developer has abandoned the project

And the whmcsbb is missing lots of features, and I haven’t heard alot from the developer so guessing also abandoned

@MicroHellas

Is this is template form? (We can modify the styles ect?)

Is this a standalone forum? not dependent on anything else ? eg vbulletin

When do you plan on releasing it ?

Suggestions: Custom field on the registration/checkout form for forum username, And auto activate forum account

Just another screenshoot from the editor.

@gs-liam

1.- Totally indepented if you mean any other forum script. But of course needs WHMCS to work.

2.- It uses the same templating system as WHMCS. But I've also an additional css file for changing colors.

3.- Maximum next Sunday should be release (but most probably on Friday). The good point is that I had this script ready, so I'm just changing the template system.

@jeremyhaber

No bad thoughts at all. Acciddently you brought to my mind my first days as coder in vB where nobody wanted to accept the fact that a woman 45yo (now I'm 51) can code.

Maria

forum1.jpg

Clever module :) Well done & good luck with it!

@jeremyhaber

No bad thoughts at all. Acciddently you brought to my mind my first days as coder in vB where nobody wanted to accept the fact that a woman 45yo (now I'm 51) can code.

Maria

I love developer communities... age, race, beliefs & language are all so varied, but we all speak the same if()else() language! Off the top of my tired & sleepy head, I can't really think of another trade where people can communicate so well & just, get on. Telecomuting is great :) I feel like a baby, being only 18... I guess I am, and I still feel a part of all this and the other development groups I'm in. It's great!

Personally when i go over to http://www.whmcsbb.com/ - It just doesn't appeal to me... $6/m or $119 owned, yet it's so basic. It won't match custom integrations of whmcs and the feature list looks a bit naff... along with no option to remove copyright.

I don't like to comment on a competitor's product, but the price is really incredible. Even if I add a dozen of extra features in my original plan, I don't think that it's fair to sell it more than $79.95. Maybe in a small market you can increase the price, but not so much.

I look forward to your additions, might be worth considering.

It will be. Trust me.

Maria

Since this is becoming more and more self promotional, we're closing the thread. You can post your offer in the commercial addons section when it's ready, but we can't allow continued discussion of commercial offerings in the main forums.

</thread>