Windows Status App

s1rk3ls

I'm working on a simple windows status application for WHMCS that shows status of and alerts on new pending orders (paid and unpaid) as well as pending tickets (with the status customer-reply, to alert you of tickets that need to be looked at)

This is still just a very simple project, but I would appreciate any feedback - you can download it at http://www.sirkels.net/software.php

You may need to download and install the VB6 runtime files for this to work on your computer - you can get them from

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290887

Thanks,

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Appears to run on a fairly fresh installation of WindowsXP+SP2 & updates. If you're not logged into WHMCS the majority of the time doing something and/or have a mail client that alerts you of new mail then I'd highly recommend this based on what I've seen. It should help assist you in being on top of things and improve customer service. Keep up the good work!

Happen to have any screenshots?

Just made some available, there's a link on the download page now.

Runtime error 13 - Type mismatch.

This is usually due to an invalid response from the server or an incorrect entry in the settings.ini file.

1. Make sure you've uploaded status.php included in the zip file you downloaded, you can place it anywhere and name it anything as long as you modify the 2 include statements to correctly point to the files in your whmcs directory.

2. Try going to that file in your browser to make sure it's working correctly - it should return something like:

0|0|0|0|Your Host|http://www.host.com/whmcs/|https://www.host.com/|EOF

3. Make sure the location of that status.php file is correctly entered into the first box on the options tab, and hit save - then exit the app and reopen it.

If that doesn't work, let me know what os, version, etc. you are running and the contents of your settings.ini file (located in your program files directory) you can send it by pm if you wish...

I've already noticed a bug in the notifications not clearing automatically if the count decreases (i.e. you get a new ticket, and another staff member answers it - your status app continues to alert you of it) I'll get this problem fixed soon.

v0.1.6 is now available...

Corrected bug in update notification not clearing/acknowledging automatically.

Added hide button to status page

Corrected systray icon to change color on alerts

Added click events to status page - takes you to WHMCS admin page

tj: There's nothing in the way this script works to prevent WHMCS from sending email, it just pulls info from the database. I've had lots of problems with hotmail sending whmcs emails to to the junk folder even with correct mail server settings, dns, spf records, etc...

I believe hotmail's spam filters look at each incoming email and if the address is in the users address book or safe-list it is delivered to the inbox, otherwise it's flagged as spam. (Oh yeah, unless the subject contains v1agr@ or c14lis then those are automatically whitelisted!)

This is why I don't use hotmail :)

Thanks for the feedback, let me know if you see any problems or have any suggestions for it!

Just using hotmail as an example since they are the worst so far - I've had customers with various email providers have issues receiving my emails from WHMCS no matter what I do. It's just becoming a common disclaimer "be sure and add x@yz.com to your addressbook to ensure delivery of our communications!"

I believe the tickets alert only counts "Open" and "Customer Reply" you can look at the status.php file to see what exactly it's querying and modify that however you need. Any response higher than 0 will trigger the alert. I know that I originally had it set to alert on anything but "Answered" and "Closed" but soon discovered I wanted "In Progress" and "On Hold" to be a way to hold the ticket without alerting me.

Also, I put up 0.1.8 which fixes a bug in the alert sound files not saving correctly (wrong alert would sometimes play) and fixed the upgrade check so it only checks for a newer version every 6 hours instead of every few minutes :)

s1rk3ls: Thankyou for sharing this with the WHMCS community. I installed this with no trouble at all - followed the directions, had it running in less then 2 minutes.

What i would like to see from this program:

- Able to view/delete/respond to tickets.

- A livechat support function integrated.

It's definately something in creation, although for someone to source out there work for free to other WHMCS users, you truly are a good person - Thankyou.

• 2 weeks later...
What i would like to see from this program:

- Able to view/delete/respond to tickets.

- A livechat support function integrated.

From the status screen, click on an item (pending orders or tickets) to be taken to the appropriate page in your WHMCS Admin. If you have WHMCS set to remember your login it should take you directly to the page without needing to login.

For example, if you get a new ticket - just click on the pending tickets line and it will take you to the tickets page allowing you to read/reply.

I think this is better than trying to write a second interface within my app to view/modify tickets, orders, etc. First because there are a lot of options Matt has built into these pages and it would take a lot of work to correctly duplicate the functionality. Second because if any of the underlying functions are changed in a future version it could break my app. And third because duplicating an existing interface is just a general waste of time :)

If there is interest for it, I could integrate a "browser" window within my app so you don't need to wait for your existing browser to load to view pending tickets, orders, etc. It would still depend on IE and having your WHMCS remember your login or logging in each time.

As for live chat... this is sort of the same idea - there are so many live chat options out there that are much more advanced than mine could be and again, duplicating existing software is a waste of time.

Spend the time required setting up, customizing, and integrating CSLH or some other free/open source web-based chat system and use it because it will have more features and work better than anything I could begin to create. CSLH has a nice Windows-based client that is basically a browser window locked to your CSLH admin pages. (like I suggested offering in my app for viewing/replying to tickets, etc.) It has worked very nice for me and although I haven't customized it much, the script is very customizable, and open source so it's easy to make more drastic changes to the way it functions if you want to and know how.

I've fixed a few more small bugs/issues and added visibility and notification functionality (Status bar window is now visible when app is not minimized, allowing you to alt-tab to it. Also warns you if it can't retrieve an update from your WHMCS)

You can download v0.1.9 from Sirkels.com

• 3 months later...

I guess you could ask for the user's department ids (did) during the app install (and be able to set it in the app's options),... at least that should work for now,. and then do a

$query = "SELECT status FROM tbltickets WHERE status != 'Closed' AND status != 'Answered' AND status != 'On Hold' AND status != 'In Progress'" AND did='$users_department' ;

In my case I handle 2 department's tickets. So maybe you could do a $user_deparment1 , $user_department2 , $user_deparment3 , and if no id is entered, use a % in it's place I guess. Just not sure how to do an OR to get that to work with more than one did lookup.

What do you think of the idea ?