Check Payments

AlpineWeb

We have a significant number of customers who for various reasons pay by check.

So far we haven't found any facility within WHMCS for managing a payment made by check. We're looking for a way to mark an invoice paid and recording a check number for cross reference and/or offer a customer a way to indicate that they want to pay by check and input a check number.

Any insight as to a method to accomplish this or how others handle this would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Uwe Schneider

I receive checks also. What I do is when I receive the check, I look up the invoice and then mark it paid. I put the check number in the Transaction ID box.

There isn't a way for the customer to "pay" a manual invoice. You need to Activate the Mail In Payment, payment gateway and then assign that payment method to your client.

They'll receive the invoice, send you the payment and you mark the invoice paid and record the check number. It helps if you have them enter the invoice number on the check...

We have clients that send or give us checks almost every month. When we apply the check payment to the invoice in the Transaction ID box we do something like this, "CK#12345 09/10/2010"

That gives us the Check number the client paid with and the date of the check. Works well with us.

If the check is more than the amount of the invoice we place in the full amount of the check for the invoice. WHMCS will automatically credit the clients account with the excess amount. Works good for us.

When we apply the check payment to the invoice in the Transaction ID box we do something like this, "CK#12345 09/10/2010"

That gives us the Check number the client paid with and the date of the check. Works well with us.

The transaction already has a date, a more common convention would be to enter all the details from the mag-strip[ as if the cheque gets lost, that's needed to track it :)

00-00-00/12345678/00000 (sortcode, account, cheque-number) in the UK