My livechat does not work

verdictjosh

Dude you need to appreciate all the help you get here cause it us that is trying to assist you. You are sounding ungrateful providing limited information about your issue!

Whats so limited about clicking on the livechat icon and it's not going to the right page after I have adjusted the correct settings.... ?

This is a free support forum, and you'll be hard pressed to find help when you come across as ungrateful to those same people who are trying to help you.

Your very much right, I do apologize for my previous attitude I have decided to cancel my livechat from whmcs it's definitely not what I was after (From previous experience of stardevelop)

Thanks guys/ladies anyway.

• 3 months later...

I feel for the guy. I'm having a hard time finding out why the image isn't appearing after the installation. livechat just isn't using the /whmcs/modules/ path in the url for the image to appear when pasting the javascript. I can't find any answer just yet why this is the case.

I feel for the guy. I'm having a hard time finding out why the image isn't appearing after the installation. livechat just isn't using the /whmcs/modules/ path in the url for the image to appear when pasting the javascript. I can't find any answer just yet why this is the case.

You need to enter the image paths in desktop client settings

e.g. https://www.yoursite.co.uk/whmcs/modules/livehelp/locale/en/images/online_transparent.gif

Edited by ivaserver

You need to enter the image paths in desktop client settings

e.g. https://www.yoursite.co.uk/whmcs/modules/livehelp/locale/en/images/online_transparent.gif

I don't understand - what desktop client settings? I'm not using a desktop client. I installed the Stardevelop live chat on the server and the live chat icon on the web server doesn't display. The paths seem to be set correctly but the image that is supposed to display using the javascript is adding in a directory twice and doesn't show the live chat on/off graphic. Can't get help from Stardevelop either.

obviously you did something wrong somewhere as it works just fine for me try going over the instructions again

(sorry for another useless reply :P )

LOL. No, I actually did nothing wrong. In fact, I'm looking at the paths in the admin. They are set properly. Part of the script works. The only part that doesn't is the javascript showing the images and that part has nothing to do with me. It's supposed to work out of the box and it just doesn't. After all, if the pathways were all wrong then the rest of the script shouldn't work. Doesn't give me confidence that the support desk there doesn't work (or didnt' for a few days.) I remember the first time I inquired there many years ago... left an impression. Let's see if this can somehow be managed.

Finally - here is the solution:

1. The paths saved by LH in the default installation may not be correct. Why, I don't know.

2. You must have a front slash in the front of the directory path or your path will be nothing like what you think it will be.

3. The save button doesn't always work in the control panel. Make sure it does. If not, refresh the screen and try pasting and saving again.

4. There is a fifth link on the bottom for offline image. That one needs to be correct too or you'll have problems.