Where do you purchase your dedicated servers from?

I'm curious where you buy from, and what your paying, and what kinda stats your getting?

I have a

XEON 3220

DUAL CORE

4 PROCESSORS 2.4GHZ

8 CORES

8 GB DD3 RAM

2 X 500GB HARD DRIVE

1000MBIT DEDICATED LINE (1GBIT/S) (NOT SHARED FULLY DEDICATED)

100TB DOWN / UN-METERED IN

$202 a month, and $220 after cpanel license.

I am at the soft layer datacenter and I'm at there dallas texas location.

Do you love my prices or what? :)

• WHMCS Support Manager

I have personally been with ThePlanet since 2005 and they've been great - when both my RAID mirrored HDDs died simultaneously (I know - ouch) they managed to boot the server from a LiveCD so that I could recover my data. Then replaced both HDDs for no cost.

I still have 1 server at the planet, rest are now in the uk. The planet are good at what they do. it is not uncommon to get a phone call late at night(gmt) from theplanet saying we noticed your server load is high do you require any help etc....

There was a time just after theplanet /ev1 became one when support went downhill but they now seem to have their act together, Wish I could have all my servers with them.

A friend of mine uses liquidweb and they seem very good on price and service too. Plenty of cheap servers about but good service is hard to find.

I have used a majority of providers, I've listed a few below;

Burst.net (Who Hasn't)

Tailored Servers

SingleHop

ThePlanet

LimeStone Networks

SharedLayer

UKServers

KimSufi/OVH

I currently have servers with a couple of those providers. Never really found somewhere I want to stay but maybe I'm just picky :-P.

Even though we haven't brought our new ones yet, i am looking towards either Codero.com or OVH/Kimsufi. Codero.com because from my first experiences with them, they have been quite helpful but on the other hand, OVH/Kimsufi because of what they offer and how much they offer it. I have yet to decide though.

We buy all of our servers directly from our account manager at Dell and host in our private racks.

We started out renting years ago and quickly found that we couldnt provide the level of reliability or support that we can by owning our equipment.

OP: Just a question regarding the server spec you posted above:

XEON 3220

DUAL CORE

4 PROCESSORS 2.4GHZ

8 CORES

8 GB DD3 RAM

2 X 500GB HARD DRIVE

1000MBIT DEDICATED LINE (1GBIT/S) (NOT SHARED FULLY DEDICATED)

100TB DOWN / UN-METERED IN

$202 a month, and $220 after cpanel license.

The Intel Xeon X3220 is a quadcore processor. 4x 2.4GHz Cores (2.4GHz CPU). As we run 9 of them in single machines.

@Wiredremix

I said the same thing about the specs he posted besides I know SoftLayer very well I know the C.E.O. personally and there is no way he's getting this server at that price. I was told he would not get this setup even if the box was a overstock system.

And what's most funny to me is he posted this topic claiming to have this high-end server at a "Ghost" price and when you go to view his website it's not even online

In MIami, Infolink runs both Serverpronto.com and Colopronto.com with Data centers here and in Panama

I have my owned equipment with colopronto, but renting from serverpronto seems like a great deal too. Being a few blocks away and having a friend at the data center really helps too!

@Wiredremix

I said the same thing about the specs he posted besides I know SoftLayer very well I know the C.E.O. personally and there is no way he's getting this server at that price. I was told he would not get this setup even if the box was a overstock system.

And what's most funny to me is he posted this topic claiming to have this high-end server at a "Ghost" price and when you go to view his website it's not even online

Well,

He wasn't lying. I have the same deal. It's from http://www.100TB.com

See the attached screenshot/the 100TB site

-Kyle

http://www.kylegato.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Screen-shot-2010-06-29-at-12.22.40-PM.png

Well,

He wasn't lying. I have the same deal. It's from http://www.100TB.com

See the attached screenshot/the 100TB site

-Kyle

http://www.kylegato.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Screen-shot-2010-06-29-at-12.22.40-PM.png

Looks like he is lying a dedicated port is not dedicated bandwidth :roll:

ntel Quad Core Xeon 3220 - 4 x 2.40GHz

2 x 500GB HDD

8GB RAM

1 GigE (1000Mbit) dedicated port

100TB monthly transfer

Unmetered Bandwidth (324TB) + $399/mo

The Planet. Current Server Below.

server: Intel Xeon 3450 2.66 GHz Quad Core Processor:

ip_addresses: 13 IPs:

primary_hdd: 1000 GB IDE/SATA HDD:

isolated_network: Virtual Rack Backend Connection:

ram: 8 GB RAM:

uplink: 1000 Mbps Uplink:

drive_capacity: x2 Drive Capacity:

secondary_hdd: 1000 GB IDE/SATA HDD:

bandwidth: 5000 GB Bandwidth:

drive_controller: RAID 1 (2 drive min.):

anti_virus: Symantec Endpoint Protection for Windows - Antivirus for Linux:

advanced_services: Server Monitoring and Security Bundle:

kvm: Lantronix Spider KVM:

control_panel: cPanel/WHM with Fantastico:

• 2 weeks later...

My regards to all, as the web is developing so is the e-commerce business related to it. Most of the people make their purchase online and have some of the sites that they prefer to purchase from, on their list. I would like to know the places that you prefer to make your purchase from and why?