goldenairways
Retired Forum Member-
Posts
33 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Hotfixes
Everything posted by goldenairways
-
Where do you purchase your dedicated servers from?
goldenairways replied to nexthost's topic in General Discussion
Even though we haven't brought our new ones yet, i am looking towards either Codero.com or OVH/Kimsufi. Codero.com because from my first experiences with them, they have been quite helpful but on the other hand, OVH/Kimsufi because of what they offer and how much they offer it. I have yet to decide though. -
Thank you for your reply. We have realised that this is the reason for it not working. Thank you for your help.
-
Hello, I have got a free InstantSSL certificate and got up to the point of installing it onto cPanel but after that it says I don't have an SSL certificate. I am a bit stuck with what could be wrong with it. I am not very experienced with SSL and quite new to it so if somebody is able to help, just let me know what things you need because I am quite new to SSL certificates. Thank you in advance.
-
Query about changing domains (this time its not an issue)
goldenairways replied to goldenairways's topic in Using WHMCS
Ok, thanks for your help. -
I am not going to go into all the details but pretty much I got a domain from another register, then got a free ResellerClub account. But to transfer domains I have to have owned the domain for 60 days. Registering a new domain is going to cost the same as transfering the domain to my reseller account, the reason I am having to transfer is because I can't run nameservers with my current registers, if I got virtual nameservers then that costs £50 which I am not really wanting to pay that much if I can transfer domains. So I have decided to purchase a new domain (not done it just yet though), how do I go about changing the domain in the WHMCS license account, so the new domain appears in it? Thank you.
-
Alright. Thanks.
-
Is there any chance of me getting a reply? Because this is urgent and this issue is pretty much wasting a whole month of our money at the moment with no nameservers.
-
Ok, update on the domain. I have added $5 extra now and tried to transfer it, still not working. And its saying that the only money in my account is the money which I have just added in. And if its because the refunds gone through, its not in our PayPal account either.
-
1. The tick is enabled and earlier before posting that I actually did a test via an online proxy as a new user, as the IP address would be unique and also no user info would be there. And up to when you put things like phone number and address in, nothing like that came up. 2. For the lest few days I have been in contact with ResellerClub via twitter and they did say that both pay per order and adding funds is accepted, but today I got told to contact WHMCS since your the reseller. What I have done is been playing around today with the account, and I have actually asked for a refund... that way I will then add the funds to the actual customer and then be able to buy it. Its just until this transfer goes over, we have no nameservers which is a big issue at the moment. Thanks.
-
Also, sorry. I thought I put this in the technical issues forum, put it in the wrong one. Sorry about that.
-
Right, I have two issues I have noticed. First one is that I have signed up with telesign to do fraud protection, I have put all the details in but when I do a test order (both logged in and not logged in) it doesn't appear to let me do it. I don't know where that happens but I have made a test order start to finnish, and its not come up. Also this is more an issue related to the reseller account for ResellerClub. Its quite a long story but before I signed up with resellerclub I bought my domain from another register who I used to use for all my domains. However then realised after ordering it that I wouldn't be able to host my nameservers on there, so I tried to transfer my domain over to my resellerclub account, however I put the exact money in and when I put it through paypal, they deducted some of the money. So I worked out how much more I needed to put in however its under $1, and the minimum is $5 for adding funds. Is it possible for either the funds pay for it, but if they are not enough, it automaticly takes money out of the paypal account. Because to be honest I would prefer it if I could just have the money come out of the paypal per order. Thanks
-
Master Reseller - Making reseller accounts
goldenairways replied to goldenairways's topic in Using WHMCS
I thought it worked like automated. Ok, I guess i'll just have to manually do it. Thanks -
Master Reseller - Making reseller accounts
goldenairways replied to goldenairways's topic in Using WHMCS
I beleive so, yes. Just after posting I actually got it sort of working, and I hadn't setup the Autogrant in the Zamfoo. However now I have an issue that it says the username is unavalible so it doesn't create an account. Thanks. -
I have been working the last few days flat out on the hosting biz because I am hoping to get the website online tommorow. But I have tried creating a reseller package and when I tested automation, I got a "New Order Notification" and "Order Comfirmation" e-mail, but after accepting it and making it active it still doesn't work. I have setup a plan in WHM and stuff. I am using Zamfoo. Any help is appreciated.
-
I am near the end of designing my website now but I am actually designing it using Serif WebPlus X2, the issue I have is that the codings witten in a way that I don't think I can intergrate it into WHMCS, for example the nav bar isn't in <ul> tags and I needed <ul> tags when I intergrated another script. I can only think of putting WHMCS into an iframe and changing the background colour and other things so it fits in with my site. And from what I have read, lots of people on this forum don't like iFrames anyway. Has anybody ever tried this? I don't really want to completly code this or even altar the code, because it going to take a long time to redo it. If you want I could just make up a new sit from scratch just to demonstrate what the code is and stuff. All I really want is the header and footer from that site around the site, its just I am not sure how hard this will be, because it doesn't even go in the write order (top to bottom if you know what I mean). Thanks ps; is you have any questions just ask me
-
JV Offer on 'Start your own hosting reseller' Video Course
goldenairways replied to KennyD's topic in General Discussion
I am very interested in video editing and creation, however I am currently still in planning stage for my hosting buisness. However I may beable to help. If you could PM me with more information on what I would do, then that would be great! -
I partly think its good but also see bad sides to it. Positive: People will be able to customise there website more and it can be more obvious on what the website is about, you also have lots more options for if a domain isn't avalible, you can find a similar TLD (that meaning creating your own one). Negitive: There may be a higher price for your own TLD's, because there may be setup and administration fees, however I don't know the in's and out's of how ICANN register their .com, but I assume that its going to be alot harder to register them if all these different TLD's are comming in. It may be automated, I am not sure but I think it may be costly. And after a while, the appeal will just wear off I think, and people will be used to all these different domains. I also think that its easier remembering .com, .co.uk, etc. If you have all these different TLD's, then thats one extra thing to remember. Last of all, I am not sure if there would be a limit to the amount of caracters you can use, because it will start to get annoying id you have longer URLs. Thats my opinion and personal issues with it.
-
The website which I lost is related to flight simulator, its a VA. Anyway I am going to be sorting back ups out and may try and offer an external back up service because once you have lost that data, you can't get it back. But I have to remember to write up a website recovery plan so if anything goes wrong this time, I am able to get the website up and running again with in hours.
-
Quite right. I can't really blame them for not backing up since after that I was preparing to back up but the hosting company who hosted my site terminated my hosting because they heard about me doing web hosting. I was preparing to move over to the reseller hosting but hadn't made back ups then. So in the next few days I have 2 websites to build. At least I have learnt my lesson, I recommend backing up to everybody after that.
-
Yea. A while ago there was a website called Avsim which got hacked, it was on the BBC too but they hadn't made any backups externally. Instead they had two servers and they made the backups on the opposite servers. And the way that the site was hacked made it hard to get the data back again. Their sites up now but I would of thought they made back ups. Just shows how pathetic some people can be, ruining somebody's creation that can take weeks to build. But thats life I am afraid to say.
-
I think you have to put the exact settings in WHMCS which you put in for WHM. So if you put "unlimited" in WHM for FTP accounts, in WHMCS you have to put "unlimited". But I am not certain as I am going by what I belive is right. If I am wrong please excuse me.
-
Well its back up again now. It was hacked they think: http://www.livezilla.net/news/#63
-
Well I hope it is back up as soon. Just have to wait and see what happens with it.
-
I am starting my site in the next few days and I was downloading scripts like livezilla ready but I can't. Yesterday I went on their website then about 30 minutes later after the tab was left open, I tried to go to the downloads page and it didn't work. I am just wanting it to start up again in the next day preferably so I can intergrate that in to the site. Its funny you brought that up, I was wondering if it was just me having that problem, can't see why it would of been though.
-
Yea, I would be interested in one for the United Kingdom too or changing one for UK use. I just think it'll get a lot more customers without needing paypal. But I will be doing research into what it would involve I think at least.
