You cannot disable a payment gateway that is used by products

griffe

Hello,

We just changed credit card payment gateways....

I am trying to deactivate the OLD gateway but I get this alert message:

---------------------------------

You cannot disable a payment gateway that is used by products, addons, domains, invoices, or orders in the system.

-----------------------------------

Any idea how to go about doing this??

Thanks!

• WHMCS Support Manager

You'd need to change all the products, addons, domains, invoices, or orders in the system that use that payment gateway. That could be a mammoth task, so I just recommend unticking the "show on order form" option instead to prevent new clients from selecting it.

Then you can change all your products/services and unpaid invoices by running the following via thw SQL tab of phpmyadmin:

UPDATE tblhosting SET paymentmethod='quantumgateway' WHERE paymentmethod='authorize';
UPDATE tblhostingaddons SET paymentmethod='quantumgateway' WHERE paymentmethod='authorize';
UPDATE tbldomains SET paymentmethod='quantumgateway' WHERE paymentmethod='authorize';
UPDATE tblinvoices SET paymentmethod='quantumgateway' WHERE paymentmethod='authorize' AND status='Unpaid';

Replace quantumgateway with the new gateway and authorize with the old gateway. You can find the exact names to use in tblpaymentgateways.

As always, before making any changes to the database please backup.

Hello,

Yes - I have a lot of products... And I am indeed switching from Auth.net to QG.

I ran the SQL query and got the following:

-----------------------------------------

Your SQL query has been executed successfully

SQL query:

UPDATE tblhosting SET paymentmethod = 'quantumgateway' WHERE paymentmethod = 'authorize';# Affected rows: 17

UPDATE tblhostingaddons SET paymentmethod = 'quantumgateway' WHERE paymentmethod = 'authorize';# Affected rows: 5

UPDATE tbldomains SET paymentmethod = 'quantumgateway' WHERE paymentmethod = 'authorize';# Affected rows: 8

UPDATE tblinvoices SET paymentmethod = 'quantumgateway' WHERE paymentmethod = 'authorize' AND STATUS = 'Unpaid';# Affected rows: 7

---------------------------------------------------

Everything seemed to work fine... However I still cannot deactivate Authorize.net

Also - Where would I change the gateway for existing products manually? I cannot see to find the option when editing products.

Thanks!

Hello,

I ran a report of Products/Services and Domains... All payment methods are either 'Mail In' or my new 'Quantum Gateway'...

I cannot find ANY product that is using the old Auth.net......

But I still cant delete it!

Any ideas?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • WHMCS CEO

We have implemented a simple option into the interface for deactivating in use gateways and changing to an alternative automatically for the next release but still as Othellotech mentioned above, usually for audit purposes you would not want to do this. Just untick the show on order form and leave it there so no clients can use it but you still have your records. There's no particular need to deactivate entirely.

Matt

We have deactivated it in the order form, but it is still active in the invoices. i.e: invoices for renewals are generated, they have the old gateway as the default payment method and it appears in the invoice. We have verified that you can reach the old gateway through the invoice.

We use recurring billing, and we have about 1,000 contacts that have invoices using the "old" payment gateway.

Is there an easy way to associate these client's and their invoices with our "new" payment gateway? Or in order to change gateways, do we need to go through the contacts one by one, changing what gateway to use?

We currently have the "old" gateway set as the 3rd listed gateway, and it is set to not show on the order form.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

WHMCS has completely dropped the ball on this. I cannot understand why this is not built in? The payment gateways page should have the ability to display basic info per gateway, such as "This gateway is associated with XXX invoices and XX products." And a function like: Select new gateway to migrate to....

• 1 month later...
This was added in 4.5.1.

Where? We have 4.5.2 and we try to delete an old, unused gateway, but there is no message and nothing happens (it won't delete). Also, the Payment Gateways page does not show any usage anywhere. There should be at least a message showing why the gateways cannot be deleted!

• 5 weeks later...

In a similar vein, WHMCS won't let me delete a group and product I added (by mistake). The message I get is that "You cannot delete a product that is in use." The group and product I added is "Domain Registration." The error states also: "To delete the product, you need to first re-assign or remove the products using it." So I deleted the hosting groups I had already entered, but I still cannot delete the errant group and product.