Testers wanted for WordpressMU server module!

I'm looking for 5-10 people who are interested in beta testing a new WordpressMU server provisioning module. We have been using a variation of this at Boardoo for a year and a half but have recently been asked to make it available to the public. So after some tweaking and cleaning up of the code it is almost ready.

This module is a full-featured server module. It will provision a new user and blog account on a WPMU system including domain and disk quota. Supported commands: create, suspend, unsuspend, terminate blog, delete user, change package, and change password. It works like any other server module, create a server, assign it a module type, configure a product, set the module options, and it's ready to go.

The module consists of 2 parts; the WHMCS server module, and a single-file Wordpress Interface API file so it's very easy to install. There is no configuration to be done in Wordpress, or on the Wordpress-side at all. The only requirements are a WordpressMU v2.6+ installation and it must have been setup to support domain/subdomain-based blogs. Directory-based blogs are not supported as there is no way to check unique availability within WHMCS.

I'm putting the finishing touches on a "cpanel-transfer" encoded URL for client auto-login which is the only item left to complete, then I'll be ready for folks to test. The beta will be encoded with Ioncube. If you want to help test, drop me a PM. I hope to be sending out copies no later than Saturday.

Thanks!

Thanks all! I expect to be sending out beta copies sometime tomorrow if all goes well.

Goddess, this is a server module that allows you to define a shared hosting account with either a unique domain or a subdomain. This means that you can setup a product in WHMCS that uses this as it's server module, and setup billing accordingly. There is no provision for setting flags for additional features other than it passes a "display-ads" flag which is saved into the blogs options. There is no ads module however, it's just a option that can be read by a 3rd party plugin.

If you have something else in mind, drop me a PM; I'm always open to ideas.

Excellent guys (and possibly gals). I am glad to have you all on board for this. I have completed work on the module and have been using it at my site for a few days. I'm fairly confident that the major bugs have been worked out and will be looking forward to all of your participation and suggestions.

I think there may been some confusion as to what this module will do based on a couple e-mails I've received and I want to try to clear that up. This module is a server module for provisioning individual Wordpress blogs on the WordpressMU system. It will essentially allow you to offer your customers pre-configured Wordpress blogs for those who do not want a full web hosting account. It isn't designed to be a Wordpress installer nor will it include a WHMCS loginshare for Wordpress.

I have been delayed by a few days in releasing this, primarily because of a desire to get the next vBLink release ready and also because I would like to get some documentation in place beforehand. For those participating if you aren't already familiar with WordpressMU please take a look at it; it's very easy to install and use. I will be launching the beta later today too.

I think I have contacted everyone in this thread and anyone who sent me a PM. A couple of you couldn't receive PMs so I was not able to send the information to get started. There are still a 3 slots open by my count if anyone else is interested. Thanks to all for your participation.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi.

I'm just wondering how far this will be taken in terms of features. Its pretty much the ideal option but I wonder could it handle upgrades for existing accounts and update such things as space.

I've not yet purchased but I was looking into the support plugins from WPMU Dev not sure if your aware of these but here's the jist, it handles subscriptions to give or restrict access to plugins and themes, it also works with another of their plugins for advertising so you can stick adverts through your free blogs and then the end user can pay a set fee to remove those ads, get more themes and plugins, etc.

Maybe you would consider support for these plugins or develop something similar yourself?

Ideally I'd like one solution which can handle free blogs with ads, upgrades without, upgrade with more space and/or plugins and themes, billing and the option to add domains with a domain mapper plugin. But a collection of solutions would also be cool if they all played well together.

I mainly want to sell domain names through my reseller club account, and then let the rest go through WPMU. I really only host other accounts for people when I take on their project.

I'd be interested to learn where you plan on going with your release.

Hi.

I'm just wondering how far this will be taken in terms of features. Its pretty much the ideal option but I wonder could it handle upgrades for existing accounts and update such things as space.

I've not yet purchased but I was looking into the support plugins from WPMU Dev not sure if your aware of these but here's the jist, it handles subscriptions to give or restrict access to plugins and themes, it also works with another of their plugins for advertising so you can stick adverts through your free blogs and then the end user can pay a set fee to remove those ads, get more themes and plugins, etc.

Maybe you would consider support for these plugins or develop something similar yourself?

Ideally I'd like one solution which can handle free blogs with ads, upgrades without, upgrade with more space and/or plugins and themes, billing and the option to add domains with a domain mapper plugin. But a collection of solutions would also be cool if they all played well together.

I mainly want to sell domain names through my reseller club account, and then let the rest go through WPMU. I really only host other accounts for people when I take on their project.

I'd be interested to learn where you plan on going with your release.

At this point it is a simple provisioning module for creating WPMU blog accounts within WHMCS. My plan at the moment is to continue to let WHMCS handle what it does best, as well as account upgrades/downgrades, custom domains, etc and allow the WPMU admin interface to manage the rest.

In this release, there is already a flag that gets stored with the WPMU blog for triggering ads. It's just a WMPU option that is loaded when the blog is initialized, and will need to be integrated into the mod that handles the ads. I am aware of the ads mod that you're referring to and looking down the road it is possible that there may be additional hooks created to access the functionality of those mods if there is enough demand for it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I myself am watching this thread closely as I'm myself offering free blogs with upgrade options. I'm using / configuring WP 3.0 and waiting on plug in catch ups.

Can't find a adsense advertising plugin that works with 3.0 that shares with the blog owners and can shut off my ads if they want to become a paid subscriber.

This plug in would be a good start.

Are you in need of 3.0 beta testers.

also is there a test version I can check out the features.