Blank Screen after Login

thcreations

Hello,

I Have just setup WHMCS for the first time, and after installing and implementing the extra security precautions, I go to log-in to my administrator and get a blank page.

Any insight would be appreciated,

Tom

My apologies if this is in the wrong forum

Edited by thcreations

As per the instructions (if understood correctly) in "further security steps", I went up one dir from public_html.

So, in the same directory as public_html ( / ), I put 'home', and moved "attachments", "downloads" and "templates_c" to the home folder outside of public_html.

I made the following changes to configuration.php,

<?php

$license = "WebHost-b6bda2dbd4a391b74247";

$db_host = "localhost";

$db_username = "xxxxxxx";

$db_password = "xxxxxxxx";

$db_name = "xxxxxxxxxxxx";

$cc_encryption_hash = "xxxxxxxxx";

$templates_compiledir = "/home/templates_c/";

$attachments_dir = "/home/attachments/";

$downloads_dir = "/home/downloads/";

$customadminpath = "rounds";

$display_errors = true;

?>

I get the same error with the slightly different path:

Fatal error: Smarty error: the $compile_dir '/home/templates_c/' does not exist, or is not a directory. in /home/thcr2006/public_html/whmcs/includes/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1093

You'll need to define the full linux path to the folders. That will probably be something like:

/home/<your username>/domains/<your.domain>/

A example how your config should like in that case.

$templates_compiledir = "/home/<your username>/domains/<your.domain>/templates_c/";

$attachments_dir = "/home/<your username>/domains/<your.domain>/attachments/";

$downloads_dir = "/home/<your username>/domains/<your.domain>/downloads/";

If you don't know the full path to the folders, you can also look this up in the WHMCS client area, select your active license and look up the "Valid Directory", and then just "strip off" the "public_html/". That should be the path you'll need to use.

Edited by m00

I'm not very familiar with the structure of cpanel, but I guess it should be something like this:

$templates_compiledir = "/home/<your username>/templates_c/";

$attachments_dir = "/home/<your username>/attachments/";

$downloads_dir = "/home/<your username>/downloads/";

The user directory is normally the first 8 charactors of the domain name so going by your screenshot try it as this

$templates_compiledir = "/home/thcreati/home/templates_c/";

$attachments_dir = "/home/thcreati/home/attachments/";

$downloads_dir = "/home/thcreati/home/downloads/";

EDIT:

Also add an index.htm file to your root public_html directory to not show a directory listing of your files.

Edited by sparky

I believe the answer to the error message that you are getting is in the message itself.

Fatal error: Smarty error: the $compile_dir '/home/whmcs/templates_c/' does not exist, or is not a directory. in /home/thcr2006/public_html/whmcs/includes/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1093

Did you try setting the $compile_dir to

$compile_dir = '/home/thcr2006/home/templates_c/';

The issue of confusion I believe is the part of the path /home/thcr2006/ which is the directory in which your account is located on the server which you cannot change.

I believe the answer to the error message that you are getting is in the message itself.

Fatal error: Smarty error: the $compile_dir '/home/whmcs/templates_c/' does not exist, or is not a directory. in /home/thcr2006/public_html/whmcs/includes/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1093

Did you try setting the $compile_dir to

$compile_dir = '/home/thcr2006/home/templates_c/';

The issue of confusion I believe is the part of the path /home/thcr2006/ which is the directory in which your account is located on the server which you cannot change.

That error will appear as soon as the $templates_compiledir variable is incorrect.

@thcreations: If you want, I am willing to look into this problem. Just send me a PM with your email/msn.

• 1 month later...
You'll need to define the full linux path to the folders. That will probably be something like:

A example how your config should like in that case.

If you don't know the full path to the folders, you can also look this up in the WHMCS client area, select your active license and look up the "Valid Directory", and then just "strip off" the "public_html/". That should be the path you'll need to use.

Very helpful, I am new to whmcs and would like to know what the url syntax be on a windows server with plesk. I am assuming though, that the extra security measures would be to move the 3 directories from the httpdocs folder to httpsdocs or would you move them from the whmcs folder into the httpdocs folder?

Any help would REALLY be appreciated, thanks.