consolibyte

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just wanted to post really quickly that I am one of the beta testers for WHMCS + QuickBooks. The initial couple of beta versions had some errors that needed to be fixed, such as all invoices from WHMCS being inported as Sales Receipts in QB. That was fixed quickly. There were a few other issues that Keith has been addressing.

I just ran my import script again this morning and it worked beautifully. The connector created QB accounts for new client signups, imported all of the new invoices with the same invoice number as WHMCS. The only thing that I hope can be done at some time is payments to transfer over as well. If a payment is done in WHMCS for an invoice, then QB would transfer the payment for that invoice. All I would then have to do is record the deposit.

But, I am looking forward to this being finalized so I can start using it on a live QB file, and cut my bookkeeping time down.

• 5 weeks later...
Hi guys, I'm still here, just *swamped* with other work right now. Things are clearing up soon, and I have been tweaking and making progress.

To answer some questions:

- Yes, 2010 multi-currency is fine.

- No this/I am not dead.

- I'm aware of people experiencing errors with the test scripts, and am working to fix those.

Updates very soon. Things have been crazy with other projects I'm working on, and I spent all last week at an Intuit conference, so that killed a bunch of my time (but learned some stuff and Intuit has some really neat integration stuff coming for us down the road!).

Hi Consolibyte, we know you are putting in a lot of effort and the job is not easy, but have you considered partnering with WHMCS and then sharing the revenue with them? Compatibility is important and you are busy with other projects.

Even if you release the final work, if say there are changes with WHMCS, we'll be back to waiting for your script to be updated or verified to work with the new WHMCS before we can update WHMCS.

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE:

Existing beta testers: Things are going to go down either tonight or tomorrow pending an upgrade.

Everyone else: Open beta for everyone for QuickBooks Pro/Premier/Enterprise, and QuickBooks Online Edition with a quick an easy sign-up process coming on Tuesday early morning. We'll be in production in mid July.

This looks very promising.

I'm the developer of a popular QuickBooks PHP framework (see here: https://idnforums.intuit.com/messageview.aspx?catid=56&threadid=9164) and I've begun to develop an integration with WHMCS.

I'm looking for BETA TESTERS of a QuickBooks integration with WHMCS.

The application right now uses the QuickBooks Web Connector to provide an automated, no-user-interaction-required, near-real-time solution to pushing customers, items/products, and invoices/payments from WHMCS directly into QuickBooks desktop editions or QuickBooks Online Edition.

Additional functionality is being considered (importing data from QuickBooks into WHMCS, QuickBooks Merchant Service support, estimates, etc.) if there is enough interest in it.

If you're interested in helping test this out, please get in touch with me. I hope to start testing with 5 or 10 of you early next week.

- Keith Palmer

keith@ConsoliBYTE.com

AIM: consolibyte

Gtalk: consolibyte

MSN: support@consolibyte.com

Yahoo: consolibyte@yahoo.com

Eventually, this will likely be offered in a few different options... I'm not quite sure exactly what I'm going to do yet, but here are some ideas I'm bandering about:

- As an open-source plugin you can download and install yourself

- As a monthly service (you pay some low per-month rate for QuickBooks integration)

- As a one-time plugin purchase

UPDATE:

We're moved to a completely new infrastructure for the QuickBooks integration. With that comes a slew of new features:

- More reliable data transfers (data accuracy checks, more data from WHMCS, etc.)

- Faster data transfer performance

- QuickBooks Online Edition support

- Web-based control panel for viewing data transfer queues and problems

https://secure.consolibyte.com/saas/

IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are an *existing user*, you need to *sign up again* for the new infrastructure. Sorry for the inconvenience!

ANOTHER IMPORTANT NOTE: We're still tweaking some things, so feel free to sign up, but please be patient while we continue to tweak and bring new features online. We have support forums over here:

http://consolibyte.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=8

Edited by consolibyte

Will this new version be stand alone,

I am not thrilled with having to use your third party setup ( as it was explained to me before )

No, as of right now it's a software-as-a-service setup. You'll pay monthly for the integration service.

Honestly, given the complexity of the integration and task of maintaining it, a stand-alone/self-hosted version is likely far away. If there is enough interest, we will consider it and certainly bump up the priority of this... but we haven't seen much interest or rational for a self-hosted version yet. Feel free to email me about it and we can set up a phone call and chat about it further if you so desire.

To be clear about a few things:

- We only cache your data temporarily (for a few hours, if not just a few minutes)

- We don't read any data from QuickBooks, we only push data into QuickBooks

- We don't read credit card information, usernames, passwords, security questions/answers, or anything else sensitive

- Any data we do fetch is stored on a locked-down, PCI compliant server in encrypted form

Hello, is there any way possible to become a BETA tester to use this functionality with WHMCS+Quickbooks. I have tried emailing your company directly and never recieved any response. This project has been under development for quite some time now, and as a business owner facing possible accounting reviews in the very near future, it would really be nice to 1. have an official way to signup people and 2. have some kind of better idea what the status of releasing this product is going to be. You have not update your website in over 6 months. If you could please allow me the opportunity to BETA test with you I am running three seperate versions of WHMCS for various services I offer and I need to be able to link these three WHMCS accounts to my Single Quickbooks company. I'll do with just getting one linked up for now, but I desperately need to get this data into Quickbooks! Thank you very much for this excellent product you are developing!

Hello, is there any way possible to become a BETA tester to use this functionality with WHMCS+Quickbooks. ...

bvirtuosos: If you read the posts directly above yours, you'll see that:

a) There is an official way to sign up (https://secure.consolibyte.com/saas/).

b) We are making progress!

c) You are more than welcome to sign up for the beta and help us test.

What is your email address? If you give me your e-mail address, I can look into why I'm not receiving your emails...

P.S. Yeah, we've been a bit lax about updating our website... because we've been too busy working on this project and other projects. :-P

I just went to sign up, and it looks like it was working nicely, then:

<b>Fatal error</b>: Error Num.: 1050

Error Msg.:Table 'quickbooks_log' already exists

SQL: CREATE TABLE quickbooks_log (

quickbooks_log_id int(10) unsigned NOT NULL ,

quickbooks_ticket_id int(10) unsigned DEFAULT NULL ,

batch int(10) unsigned NOT NULL ,

msg TEXT NOT NULL ,

log_datetime DATETIME NOT NULL ); in <b>/usr/home/consolibyte/public_html/saas/library/quickbooks/QuickBooks/Driver/Sql/Mysql.php</b> on line <b>343</b><br />

and it sat there

PsyberMind: You're all set now. Note that you'll have to log in to download your configuration file, download/upload your whmcs-quickbooks.php file, and set your WHMCS URL before you get any data transfer.

We're posting detailed instructions to walk you through that just as soon as we can.

Hello again and thank you for the info. I had looked at this thread a few weeks before that post and had been monitoring your webiste since. I did not notice the posted info, so thanks! I have tried to sign up using the link provided but it refuses to accept any email address i use, including a yahoo address. It keeps telling me I must use a valid email address. Any help you can provide I would appreciate. Thanks again!

On a side note, it does seem my profile retains my email address, even though it says it is not valid. However, I do not see any products listed under the home page. I would like to use this with three seperate WHMCS setups, so I would need three products assigned to me, I assume.

Also when I was signing out, it sent my browser into an endless refresh loop of the logout URL.

Username: bvirtuosos

Edited by bvirtuosos