• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Im game let me know what I can do.

I'm the developer of a popular QuickBooks PHP framework (see here: https://idnforums.intuit.com/messageview.aspx?catid=56&threadid=9164) and I've begun to develop an integration with WHMCS.

I'm looking for BETA TESTERS of a QuickBooks integration with WHMCS.

The application right now uses the QuickBooks Web Connector to provide an automated, no-user-interaction-required, near-real-time solution to pushing customers, items/products, and invoices/payments from WHMCS directly into QuickBooks desktop editions or QuickBooks Online Edition.

Additional functionality is being considered (importing data from QuickBooks into WHMCS, QuickBooks Merchant Service support, estimates, etc.) if there is enough interest in it.

If you're interested in helping test this out, please get in touch with me. I hope to start testing with 5 or 10 of you early next week.

- Keith Palmer

keith@ConsoliBYTE.com

AIM: consolibyte

Gtalk: consolibyte

MSN: support@consolibyte.com

Yahoo: consolibyte@yahoo.com

Eventually, this will likely be offered in a few different options... I'm not quite sure exactly what I'm going to do yet, but here are some ideas I'm bandering about:

- As an open-source plugin you can download and install yourself

- As a monthly service (you pay some low per-month rate for QuickBooks integration)

- As a one-time plugin purchase

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick note to let everyone know that we've added a number of new features and fixes over the past few weeks:

* Intuit QuickBooks Merchant Services payment gateway support (charge credit cards using QuickBooks Merchant Services)

* Bug fixes for problems with customer credits

* Bug fixes for problems with multi-invoice payments

* ... and a slew of other minor fixes and updates!

Please CONTACT US if you have questions or want to sign up for the service. I don't check this thread every day, so just posting here may not get you a prompt response.

- Keith Palmer

support [ a t ] consolibyte [ d o t ] com

Hi !

does this also works for the "german" Quickbooks ?

many thanks and best wishes

Niels

I don't know- we don't have a German copy of QuickBooks to test with. We do have a 30-day trial, so feel free to sign up and give it a try. Please CONTACT ME if you have trouble, so that we can help you try to get it sorted out and working with the German version of QuickBooks.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Not the solution type we are interested in at this time. Building the QIF file is plenty enough without having to pay someone every month for it.

Hi Inetbiz,

We totally understand.

Thus far, we've found that the best way for us to provide a robust, reliable, and accurate tool is to offer it as a monthly service. The reality of it is that QuickBooks integration is a *really* complex topic. Pile on top of that how configurable both QuickBooks and WHMCS are, and then how often both QuickBooks and WHMCS release updates... and it gets pretty nasty.

We've found that by offering this as a monthly service instead of a one-time purchase, we can quickly and easily make updates to add features, tweak things, support new WHMCS and QuickBooks versions, and fix bugs... all while saving you the effort/pain of having to upload new files to your server whenever QuickBooks updates itself, WHMCS updates, etc. etc. etc.

With all that said... we would definitely welcome your feedback! Can you tell me more about why exactly a monthly service is unappealing to you? Is it just a matter of cost? Something else?

Also... I'm not quite sure what .QIF file you're talking about... our service doesn't use any sort of .QIF (or .IIF, or any other sort) of file- it's an automated solution rather than a manual flat-file import/export.

We own the retail box copy. I'm not aware of how you would keep that updated without the IIF, QIF file format to import?

Your target price is even more than WHMCS, itself and it would be better to sell it and offer support contracts to receive updates, support, etc. You could have levels of annual support from email all the way to telephone.

We own the retail box copy. I'm not aware of how you would keep that updated without the IIF, QIF file format to import?

IIF files have been a deprecated file format for about 10 years now- they are *definitely* not the right way to communicate with QuickBooks. They also can't be automated.

We use the Intuit-provided QuickBooks APIs to communicate with QuickBooks. The process is automated- transactions flow into QuickBooks automatically rather than you having to manually import/export a file.

Your target price is even more than WHMCS, itself and it would be better to sell it and offer support contracts to receive updates, support, etc. You could have levels of annual support from email all the way to telephone.

Thanks for your feedback. We will certainly keep that in mind, and understand that the pricing may not work for everyone. Generally speaking, it seems to work well for most WHMCS end-users, given the amount of data entry it reduces. If price is the only issue for you, send us an e-mail and maybe we can work out a discount.

• 1 month later...
This integration chokes if your WHMCS install generates more than a couple of hundred invoices a month. And support is *very* slow. We're searching for a better solution, if anyone has advice?

Steve/Gaye,

We're sorry to hear about the problems you're having.

Your description of the actual problem is mis-leading. The problem *IS NOT* with generating a few hundred invoices per month. The problem is that you guys generate 500+ invoices *PER HOUR*.

We have *many* clients that do a few hundred invoices per month. You are the only one who does a few hundred invoices *per hour*.

We've been in contact with you through all of last week- multiple e-mails phone calls- and were actively working on this issue over the weekend. I'll update you as soon as we can with a fix.

Hi Steve,

This problem has been fixed now, and it's crunching through your data now and pushing it into QuickBooks. We will be continuing to monitor it over the course of the next few days to make sure that things are working smoothly for you.

My apologizes if you were expecting a call from us- that's my fault. We have been replying to Gaye's e-mails instead (see e-mails on the 18th, the 20th, 24th, 25th, 26th, 30th, and today). I will make a note on your account to make sure we call you in addition to e-mailing should you have problems in the future. You may also always reach out to us at 1.860.341.1464.

We worked hard to get this fix out to you as soon as possible, and we appreciate your patience. We recognize that this was a problem for you, and will be refunding you the payments you made to us for the last two months of this service, in recognition of those problems.

Regarding the previous post, I don't think I was quite clear. A more complete and technical explanation follows:

My point was, the problem was not related solely to the large numbers of invoices per month. It's related to *large numbers of invoices per month, ***generated in a very short time period****.

e.g. 1000 invoices per month spread over 30 days is NOT a problem (roughly 30 per day).

However, 1000 invoices per month *all generated within an hour of each other* was causing problems.

I'll note again that *this problem has been fixed now*.

Previously, we were running into problems because Intuit imposes a 2-minute hard-coded time limit on pre-processing data using the Web Connector. i.e. QuickBooks connects to our server, and we would then have 2 minutes to process the data and get it ready for QuickBooks. If our scripts took longer than 2 minutes to process that data, the QuickBooks connection would time out and drop the connection to our server.

With 50 or so invoices per day, that wasn't a problem because only 50 or so invoices would have to be processed in any single batch. However, with the volume of invoices you were generating, almost all of your monthly invoices needed to be processed at once. Thus, it was taking a long time and we were hitting that timeout and thus you weren't getting any data.

We fixed the problem by splitting the processes apart so that the pre-processing happens outside of the connection with QuickBooks.

I hope that clears things up for you and anyone else who was confused by these posts.

No worries, Keith. We've realised just how important your integration tool has become to us, how much time it saves us, and just how much easier it's going to make things for us and our accountant. Hence my concern that you were not going to be able to get it sorted.

You *have* been working very hard on the problem, and it does appear to be fixed, for which you have my sincere gratitude.

For anyone who's reading this and might be concerned - don't be! If y're using QuickBooks and WHMCS, then this is an *essential* tool, which I highly recommend. And the support is excellent too!

No worries, Keith. We've realised just how important your integration tool has become to us, how much time it saves us, and just how much easier it's going to make things for us and our accountant. Hence my concern that you were not going to be able to get it sorted.

You *have* been working very hard on the problem, and it does appear to be fixed, for which you have my sincere gratitude.

For anyone who's reading this and might be concerned - don't be! If y're using QuickBooks and WHMCS, then this is an *essential* tool, which I highly recommend. And the support is excellent too!

Thanks Steve! Glad to hear things are going well!

We have a note to check in with Gaye later today/tomorrow too, just to confirm everything she's expecting to be in QuickBooks is in there.

• 2 weeks later...