WANTED: Beta testers for QuickBooks Integration with WHMCS

consolibyte

I'm the developer of a popular QuickBooks PHP framework (see here: https://idnforums.intuit.com/messageview.aspx?catid=56&threadid=9164) and I've begun to develop an integration with WHMCS.

I'm looking for BETA TESTERS of a QuickBooks integration with WHMCS.

The application right now uses the QuickBooks Web Connector to provide an automated, no-user-interaction-required, near-real-time solution to pushing customers, items/products, and invoices/payments from WHMCS directly into QuickBooks desktop editions or QuickBooks Online Edition.

Additional functionality is being considered (importing data from QuickBooks into WHMCS, QuickBooks Merchant Service support, estimates, etc.) if there is enough interest in it.

If you're interested in helping test this out, please get in touch with me. I hope to start testing with 5 or 10 of you early next week.

- Keith Palmer

keith@ConsoliBYTE.com

AIM: consolibyte

Gtalk: consolibyte

MSN: support@consolibyte.com

Yahoo: consolibyte@yahoo.com

Eventually, this will likely be offered in a few different options... I'm not quite sure exactly what I'm going to do yet, but here are some ideas I'm bandering about:

- As an open-source plugin you can download and install yourself

- As a monthly service (you pay some low per-month rate for QuickBooks integration)

- As a one-time plugin purchase

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looking forward to an Qbooks WHMCS integration. I am probably not a good beta test candidate, but definitely support your efforts and vote for a one-time plugin purchase model. Intuit is always releasing new versions, requiring ongoing upgrades to ensure the plugin works. I'd be willing to pay for the upgrades as well. ( of course it does need to be reasonably priced :)

Thanks for the vote. :-) Intuit and WHMCS always releasing new versions is actually why I'm leaning *away* from a one-time purchase. I'm afraid it'll mean that every time Intuit or WHMCS releases a new version, I'll be inundated with support requests if things break. :-/

It'd be much easier if I could maintain this on my own server, as I do currently with our QuickBooks + Foxycart integration (http://forum.foxycart.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=409&page=1#Item_0, http://consolibyte.com/?__module=blog&__action=actionDisplay&__ID=8).

We'll see what the demand is though, and take that into consideration.

Sign me up. From my reading on QB Web Connect it makes the process seamless. No files to download or import yourself. From what I understand Web Connect would talk to WHMCS to find out if there are any new transactions. If there are, web connect your grab them and import them right into QB.

I'd be a beta tester.

svoorhees: Yep, that's pretty much the process in a nutshell! No downloads, no import yourself. You'll go through an initial set-up process, and then invoices will just automagically appear in QuickBooks when generated in WHMCS.

Cape Dave: Feel free to shoot me an e-mail and I'll keep you updated on the progress as we go. I'll be posting in this thread too, so you can watch this as well.

Hi Deirdre,

Great, good to have you on board as another tester!

Can you send me an e-mail or an instant message so that I can get your contact information and give you instructions on how to set things up initially?

I expect to start testing either late this week or early next week.

Will this only work with Quickbooks Web Connector, or with the "offline" version of Quickbooks as well?

QuickBooks Web Connector is actually a desktop app provided by Intuit that you install locally. It in turn connects your local copy of QB to the web and (correct me if im wrong Keith) to Keith's server and his program.

Short answer: Yes, it will work with "offline" versions of QuickBooks (for Windows computers)

Long answer:

The initial version will support:

- QuickBooks Pro, Premier, or Enterprise 2006 or later for Windows, US editions

- QuickBooks Online Edition

Future versions will support:

- QuickBooks Pro, Premier, or Enterprise 2003 or later for Windows, US editions

- QuickBooks CA and UK editions 2003 or later for Windows

- QuickBooks Online Edition

Tomdchi's comments are correct, the Web Connector is just a "helper program" that gets installed on the machine that QuickBooks is running on. It is used with the "offline" versions of QuickBooks to attach them to a web application.

HI Keith,

Sounds promising; we currently use QB with a single line entry on a daily basis from WHMCS and compare with our daily Gateway and Paypal reports. Will your system overwrite our current QB or should we create a beta (test) company so it does not duplicate the current information?

We are interested in the beta; if necessary, please PM me.

Thanks

rodeoXtreme: Nothing in QuickBooks will be "overwritten". It will simply begin adding new invoices when a new invoice is generated. No old data that is already in QuickBooks or WHMCS will be affected, unless you explicitly ask us to set it up to do a full import of all of the WHMCS data into QuickBooks.

In desperation for this feature we've also spoken with a developer about doing this but haven't yet comissioned anything. We currently run Quickbooks 2006 Pro (UK edition) - not upgraded to later versions because they removed support for multi-currency in 2008 (!?!?).

If your integration will work with this version we'd definately be a good candidate. We process quite a lot of orders daily and use WHMCS for not just hosting but everything - including antivirus subscriptions, IT support, web maintenance contracts, and all one-off invoices for hardware, software etc etc. To have this going straight into Quickbooks rather than our accounts having to manually enter them is a must for us to continue using these products.

Shaun Wilders

Cultrix

http://www.cultrix.co.uk

Shaun,

It can be made to work with QuickBooks UK 2006, and I'd definitely like to have you as a tester as I don't have access to the UK edition of QuickBooks to test with.

Things are moving along guys! I'll be sending out set up instructions for testing this weekend; I'm just tweaking some initial things and getting things set up!