Xen Enterprise Module version 5.x and above.

Hello,

Please admit there are HUGE differences between how the commercial version of the product does the job vrs. http://www.xen.org does it. It is the differences that allow us the extra features in our community version of xen. Mainly the xen-tools set which our module is focused on in the community version.

Okay... so bottom line we would need to get inside of the newly provisioned VM before we boot it to set the ip address, root, and hostname of the device.

Simply put we are not willing to go that far. The source code is $200.00 as it always has been and from there someone can take up the charge to make it work within there system to allow these additional features or use it as it and allow reboot, shutdown, start of the vm without admin intervention.

Your last option is that you can go to the community version since....

I'm not aware of a single feature available in "free" xen3.x which is not also avialable in the commercial version of xenserver - every one of those you listed is there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a bit confuesed about this.

We are using the commercial version Citrix XenServer 5.5

I would like start/stop/reboot functionality only.

Is this possible? Where do I get it? How much does it cost?

I've checked the link to hostourweb but there only seems to be version for open source.

I'm a bit confuesed about this.

We are using the commercial version Citrix XenServer 5.5

I would like start/stop/reboot functionality only.

Is this possible? Where do I get it? How much does it cost?

I've checked the link to hostourweb but there only seems to be version for open source.

Same here and we are searching the module.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

looks like we are going to have to get our own one developed from scratch...

it disappoints me that people develop these modules and then drop support for them, which itself is fair enough but i think they should be handed over to the community to debug or develop further...

we were even more than willing to buy the physical module as it was and continue the development of it

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Response is coming to you shortly.

I noticed that you sold your hosting company and shut down your website. Does this mean that we will no longer have access to download the zip files or the help desk for those that purchased your software?

Heads up for this to your clients would have been nice before just arbitrarily taking down your WHMCS. I would have liked to have downloaded a copy and also saved the tickets that were in your system.

• 4 weeks later...

yes I will continue its development

I am currently working on a plan for development of the community edition and once I finish with that I will start immediately on the citrix edition.

for your problem if you could send me a ticket on the website I will try to help you (free) just explain the problem and we will work on solving it

thanks

Hi

we at servarica.com have taken over both modules the community and citrex edition

if you need to contact me just register at http://servarica.com/clients and send me a ticket or contact me directly at

http://servarica.com/?page_id=16

thanks

Hani

Hani your system doesnt allow for registrations, so ive sent you a message in regards to the Citrix version of the module.

Looking forward to hearing back from you in regards to it

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...