Dedicated server/bandwidth monitor add-on

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK GUYS HERE IS THE BOTTOM LINE.. WE HAVE ACCUMULATED ALL THE SUGGESTIONS AND BUGS PROVIDED BY OUR BETA GROUP. We will be addressing all these in the next release which should be around the beginning of the second week of next month. Things are going smoothly and we have received some great suggestions. We feel the core mod is working and is solid. I know you have been waiting anxiously and we will be go public in about a month. as for cost here it is:

39.00/month no 95th percentile add 10bucks a month for the 95th mod.

if you pay yearly you pay either 390.00 or 490.00 with the 95th added.. you can upgrade your license to add the 95th percentile at any time you want.

You must have a cacti server running and you must have switches that you can telnet into and run command sets/ the switches will configured with an .ini file .. its a tricky install but easy to get thru if you have linux experience .. we will install it remotely for 100.00 for you..

Feed back is always welcome

Bill and the team

Hi Bill, far overpriced as I already told you by mail. In my opinion a plugin cannot cost more than whmcs itself.

Neither have relation with the business volume you have, as you suggested. Anyway, the main reason cause we are not interested is no lifetime license.

Regards

Carlos HyD

A feature list will be greatly appreciated. It looks interesting. We are evaluating if (and when) we should switch to WHMCS from our own application. This is definitely something we would need.

After a short look at the Youtube video, I have some questions:

• Is it possible for clients to view their statistics from one point of access? Being WHMCS?
  • Will you include remote reboot capabilities? Like APC and IpoMan reboot switches?

Besides the above, I would be much more interested in paying a one-time fee, is that something you would consider as well?

We are still using this product and it works very well. You have to look at what it provides to your company and look at the cost.

$500 a year is nothing when its automaticly monitoring multiple servers, adding up and creating invoices to charge overages. To pay someone to do it manually would work out very expensive. Think of the cost of sitting there in cacti working out a users total bandwidth usage, then to report it too them, then create invoices manually to bill them for it.

You are paying for a mod to help add another automation process, which free's up staff time to deal with sales/support.

My customers are very happy to have the features it provides us and to our company its now a key part.

The key feedback we had was that any dedicated server customer can simply login to there account and see there usage in numbers not just graphs. For example:

wr-bandwidth-demo.gif

We are still using this product and it works very well. You have to look at what it provides to your company and look at the cost.

You must be a beta tester and not paying the full rate. That would be my guess.

People are free to develop and charge what they want. No issue there. I just think in this case the pricing is a joke when an entire billing system is cheaper. And considering the developers get free advertising and access to beta testers here on these forums, they should also get feedback on pricing too.

WHMCS + this plugin still cheaper than any other similar product

For us is like a dream comes true, for first time we will be able to handle all our products (shared hosting, reseller hosting, streaming, domains, software license, vps and dedicated server) with the same billing system, this is not possible with Ubersmith or Parallels Automation Business and they both are far more expensive

I'm ready to buy the 95th license !

I'm sorry but i dont agree with everyone saying this is overpriced, The cost is less than one dedicated server you would sell, and with this feature it handles all overages and everything for you, If anything i would say its underpriced,

If you have 100 dedicated servers online for clients, would you sit there and go through the overages or would you rather pay $39 a month and have it done auto for you and you have nothing to worry about?

A billing + support system like WHMCS only cost $18/mo. Why the module runs on it and has almost 3x its cost?

Stop complaining about the costs:

1. Quality is something you pay for

2. It can save you a lot of money (compared to doing all of it manually, or compared to not billing for overages because you missed them)

3. If you think it's not worth it, build it yourself and don't complain.

4. If you'd ask me, this module isn't overpriced, WHMcs is underpriced

If you are having difficulties paying 40/mo for a module like this, then you should probably question yourself whether you should stay in business in the first place.

WE have many customers, the webhosting money is ok but the real profit is in the Dedicated Servers of which we have many. more than a couple of hundred. 39.00 is not really a lot of money to automate the product that makes your your highest profit margin. But if you can do it all by hand for less than 39.00 per month then you are right it is too much money.

Guess its how you look at it\

Bill

You must be a beta tester and not paying the full rate. That would be my guess.

People are free to develop and charge what they want. No issue there. I just think in this case the pricing is a joke when an entire billing system is cheaper. And considering the developers get free advertising and access to beta testers here on these forums, they should also get feedback on pricing too.

As stated, when a complete billing and support system is $18/mo and plug-in cost you $39/mo, it simply makes me appreciate Matt and his pricing even more. You are free to charge what you want. You developed it - you price it. It isn't going to change my opinion.

-

I think Matt should be charging to advertise these modules on his forums. Matt could make some money here since you are basically given free access to beta testers and free marketing to your client base you sell to. But I do not run the show here either. But using your logic on pricing, being charged to sell here should not bother you? No need to answer, just having fun.

Edited by WHG