Dedicated server/bandwidth monitor add-on

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This mod has not died. Bill contacted me a couple of days ago to let me know they had just fixed another bug found. Id much rather this mod reaches us in a working order than a half finished project and then everyone moan because they cant get it working, and i belive that is the thinking of the dev team aswell.

Sometimes the good mods do take time. No way around it, unless you want a half finished non working product.

Hi Jas,

I dont know of a ETA yet, but like i said Bill has been in contact with me and we should be installing a beta install within the next couple of days. As long as that goes well i dont think the waiting will be much longer.

(btw i am no way linked to the project other than helping in testing.)

Regards

Rob.

As promised i thought i would update this post.

We now have a working install of this product, which has now been running fully for 12 hours. At first we started with a single server to monitor the mod but have now switched all servers onto this.

First thoughts, well it does do everything said on the tin and very quickly too. We had a few small issues to start off with being that our cacti server is on windows server os and the mod was built and developed on linux but now all issues have been overcome. I would first of all like to say a massive thank you to Jay the developer who has not only done a fantastic job on the mod but also worked relentlessly on overcoming issues.

I have submitted a few ideas back to the team on small things that i belive can be modified to make others lifes a little more easier but we are going to now watch very carefully and see how this performs. We have also asked our customers to use the product and see how they like it.

I belive release is very close, and shall be speaking with the team tomo further regarding whats happening so i can try to give you chaps a little more information. As said before though the wait has been worth it.

Regards

• 2 weeks later...
May I suggest adding SSH support rather than the insecure Telnet.

Some devices may not support SSH, whereas nearly all support telnet.

If you have your network run securely, telnet will not be accessible from anywhere but would be on a management, internal only LAN.

I am extremely interested in this module, and while i understand it seems the developers are ironing out some bugs in it etc, can anyone fro the developers give us any details at this stage in regards to what the cost of the module will be, we are tossing up on whether to go with whmcs and this module is one of the key things we identified as being very desirable to have for our setup

If we can help in anyway with testing of it please PM me, we have several remote cacti installs and switches in various geographic locations of varying cysco and linksys models to test with

We're running this for a few racks of dedicated servers. It works well.

Still in private beta currently but I know Bill and co are working to squash any known bugs in the next month.

You setup a server, link that to a switch and port and set the bandwidth. The rest is pretty much self explanatory.

M