Dedicated server/bandwidth monitor add-on

We have finished our dedicated server monitor .. this plug in monitors bandwidth usage on a rolling month, gives customers real time stats and bills for bandwidth overage using the billable option in WHMC. It gives the admin the ability to turn off and on servers with the click of a button, send emails, projections and basically is a completed pkg. We will be adding 95th percentile in the next iteration.

please watch demo 1 and demo 2.. they are a continuation.

we will be making this plug-in available shortly

Bill

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are working on an install pkg now. you will of course have to setup a cacti server first.. Give me another week.. we are using this ad-on here now and it is working perfectly, no bugs

Keep in touch

We have finished our dedicated server monitor .. this plug in monitors bandwidth usage on a rolling month, gives customers real time stats and bills for bandwidth overage using the billable option in WHMC. It gives the admin the ability to turn off and on servers with the click of a button, send emails, projections and basically is a completed pkg. We will be adding 95th percentile in the next iteration.

please watch demo 1 and demo 2.. they are a continuation.

we will be making this plug-in available shortly

Bill

We are working on an install pkg now. you will of course have to setup a cacti server first.. Give me another week.. we are using this ad-on here now and it is working perfectly, no bugs

Keep in touch

Looks good ! I would be interested in this.

Wow, just looked at your presentation on youtube...very impressive module. I am looking for something like this but instead of dedicated servers, I want it for virtual machines through XenServer.

I do have one question, if one was using XenServer, would it be possible to use this for the VMs created under that server?

I just noticed the mod uses the switches snmp, but can you set it to use the actual VM eth0 via SNMP to keep track of the usage for each virtual machine? Or is there a better way of doing this?

I just installed Cacti and have been running tests on a couple of VMs and graphing their usage using snmp.

Thanks for your time...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well a update,

I was given a full demo of the working product in a fully live environment last night, Everything works nicely and easily. The video shows what the module is all about.

I believe that the release is coming up quite soon, so this is not another dead end project. Before releasing to the public it has had a number of important bug fixes which are going to save you guys any hassle for when its fully released.