Email piping issues from server

reds

Email piping isn't working for me when sent from email addresses for domains on the same server as the support system. It appears to work fine for other email addresses off server.

I've tried the suggestions at http://support.whmcs.com/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&catid=9&id=22 but they haven't helped.

I'm using v3, the latest stable download from the client area.

Can anyone advise?

Thanks

Yeah, I've removed the quotes.

If I sent an email from gmail.com for example, it's working fine .. piping right into the system. It only seems to fail in the piping when I send from an email address based on the server.

For example ...

Support- http://www.mysupport.com

Email- http://www.myemail.com

(both of the above on the same server)

When I send from me@myemail.com to support@mysupport.com the email doesn't go through to the ticket system.

When I send from mygmail@gmail.com to support@mysupport.com the email gets through to the ticket system.

Has to be in the email settings on the sending domain, or if the receiving domain is somehow blocking mail. Can you receive any mail from "myemail" to any address on "mysupport"? If so, then it's more likely a setting in WHMCS.

The CHMOD shouldn't do anything, since it's working on the pipe in some cases as is.

Don't suppose you could have accidentally banned that email, could you?

Do you have access to watch the mail transaction from the shell, by any chance? Open SSH (has to be root) and type:

tail -f /var/log/exim_mainlog |grep myemail <hit enter>

Send your ticket, and see if it gets there and what the MTA says about the delivery.

Do you have access to watch the mail transaction from the shell, by any chance? Open SSH (has to be root) and type:

Send your ticket, and see if it gets there and what the MTA says about the delivery.

No, I've not banned the address - but was worth checking I guess.

I'm not 100% up on the command you mention - I have people who look after that for me ... but I'll have a look and see - thanks for the suggestion :)

I've uploaded everything twice now, but I'll try again as you suggest.

As for the email not being to a registered client, the other emails which piped through correctly weren't assigned to anyone either.

Will let you know.

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • WHMCS CEO
Alright, I've uploaded again and it's still not working. "Ticket ID not found".

This is not an error, it means it's working correctly. You just can't open new tickets from your admin email address - only reply.

• 2 months later...

Hi Bear,

Sorry for tagging onto an old thread, but I'm having the same/similar issue with piping with v3.1.2 (piping has always worked fine for me in previous versions).

The bounce message I get is: "no input file specified", and the exim log entry:

root@biscuit [/]# tail -f /var/log/exim_mainlog |grep [email]support@domain.com[/email]
2007-05-23 00:12:34 1Hql1L-0007Oi-D0 ** | php -q /home/user/public_html/billing/whmcs/pipe/pipe.php (support@domain.com) <support@helloworldweb.com> R=virtual_aliases_nostar T=virtual_address_pipe: Child process of virtual_address_pipe transport returned 255 (could mean shell command ended by signal 127 (Unknown signal 127)) from command: /usr/bin/php

Any idea what "signal 127" is?

EDIT: NM, fixed. I was trying to pipe across domains, had to use the POP option rather than pipe.

• 1 month later...

My problem is a little different but hoping someone can help me anyhow:

Every message processed (Added the piping via DirectAdmin Forward) I get 2 messages, i.e.

2007-07-17 20:17:50 1IAiFR-00023B-Qi => | /usr/local/bin/php -q /home/breakltd/domains/break.co.nz/public_html/billing/pipe/pipe.php (support@break.co.nz) <support@break.co.nz> F=<cybernettmurphy@hotmail.com> R=virtual_aliases T=virtual_address_pipe S=2069

2007-07-17 20:17:50 1IAiFR-00023B-Qi => | /usr/local/bin/php -q /home/breakltd/domains/break.co.nz/public_html/billing/pipe/pipe.php (support@break.co.nz) <support@break.co.nz> F=<cybernettmurphy@hotmail.com> R=virtual_aliases_nostar T=virtual_address_pipe S=2069