WHMCS Project Management

If you previously purchased this mod it will still be a valid purchase with me. All previous owners will still be supported without question. I will just need to verify with gurumani that you previously purchased, and then you will need to register for the new updates/support by me.

Sorry for the confusion if there was any.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm interesting in this project and I can help you if you need some help.

What I'm interesting in is that the client can acess some information / files / link. For exemple, when you develop some internet website you can add a link / screenshots so the client can view it and comment within the WHMCS(PM)

Not a flame, he has stated directly to me that he is not a developer, just an end user, you've stated visit his site? have you? It's another reason someone may have concern.(since Thanksgiving promos are still being run on his site from last year and not to mention the grammar and spelling issues throughout the site, the lack of whmcs being integrated showing a lack of experience with whmcs and the other things such as "legal" links going to 404 errors).

In otherwords I have my personal reasons for asking the questions as I have done my homework, and

I think my questions and opinions will only assist others into making an informative decision.

forgive me but I took your language as a flame to the project owner as well..

you can sugar coat it but you attempted to throw him under the bus and are still doing so....

forgive me but I took your language as a flame to the project owner as well..

you can sugar coat it but you attempted to throw him under the bus and are still doing so....

I fully understand your opinion and appreciate your input, although it was not my intention I can see your point of view. Maybe I should have kept my concerns to myself.

I had some concerns with utilizing the mod, due to the "owner" and I guess instead of trying to get my concerns addressed I should have probably just moved on to another solution, instead of wasting my time or anyone elses.

But in any case my concerns went unanswered so I moved on.

A few questions:

1) What kind of project structure does this have? Project ---> Milestones --> Tasks?

2) Any kind of calendar integration

3) Any kind of time tracking/reporting

4) Does it link at all to the WHMCS invoice/billing? Ie can you add projects to invoices etc?

5) ANy kind of Client front end? So clients can respond to requests for information/content/images etc.?

6) Is the source code encrypted?

7) Any kind of email integration for tasks ie notifications to admins/clients that new tasks/projects have been assigned to them?

We are curretnly using 5pmweb as our project manager but would love to have something in house!

A few questions:

1) What kind of project structure does this have? Project ---> Milestones --> Tasks?

2) Any kind of calendar integration

3) Any kind of time tracking/reporting

4) Does it link at all to the WHMCS invoice/billing? Ie can you add projects to invoices etc?

5) ANy kind of Client front end? So clients can respond to requests for information/content/images etc.?

6) Is the source code encrypted?

7) Any kind of email integration for tasks ie notifications to admins/clients that new tasks/projects have been assigned to them?

We are curretnly using 5pmweb as our project manager but would love to have something in house!

1) It currently includes Projects & Tasks, but will include Milestones as well.

2) Set for future release

3) Set for future release

4) Thought has crossed into but has not been implemented yet.

5) This is also in progress. Setting it to where clients have access to the projects to post updates, wishes, view project progress, upload files & pics, etc.

6) The code will be encrypted as to what needs to be. Of course tpl will be editable, and some code may as well.

7) In progess as well.

But in any case my concerns went unanswered so I moved on.

Herbherb, I have not answered concerns because all I seem to get was 'bashing' from you. If that is not the cause then I apologize for my misunderstanding. Kindly let me know what concerns you have and I will address them.

If you are looking at features, then i would like it to be that i can allocate a project to a project operator (not necessarily a support or admin operator) and they can see what is required for them to do on each project (and client can also then see progress)

cheers

Ian

If you are looking at features, then i would like it to be that i can allocate a project to a project operator (not necessarily a support or admin operator) and they can see what is required for them to do on each project (and client can also then see progress)

cheers

Ian

Will add to requests....thanks for the suggestion.

Grr, why oh why does everyone feel that they have to encrypt their code? It really screws over anyone that wants to customize the software to their needs. I see absolutely no reason why to encrypt it. Do you really think someone would just steal your code and try to sell another project management module here on the whmcs forums with the exact same uses and get away with it?

Grr, why oh why does everyone feel that they have to encrypt their code? It really screws over anyone that wants to customize the software to their needs. I see absolutely no reason why to encrypt it. Do you really think someone would just steal your code and try to sell another project management module here on the whmcs forums with the exact same uses and get away with it?

Encryption is a bad thing for developpers. There are some things I would like to do in WHMCS but I can't due to the encryption... And for module, the need of customization is higher...

It is always a possibility. I will encrypt as less as possible, but not able to promise the amount. Why is it that I read many complaints about the encryption of addon but nothing about the encryption of WHMCS itself?

Why is it that I read many complaints about the encryption of addon but nothing about the encryption of WHMCS itself?

WHMCS has a much higher value than a simple addon.

They have a proven track record and a product that some businesses can't run without.

So basically the value outweighs any associated risk.

Agreed...it can out be a risk, but that is with any software you purchase. However, WHMCS was encrypted when it was first released before any proven track record to fall back on as you state. As I have pointed out in plenty of my previous posts...I will do what I can to keep it unencrypted, but I am not, will not, plan to make it 100% unencrypted. If you select not to purchase it then that is your choice. However, I utilize it and so it works for me. If I sale 0 then I have lost no money in my eyes because it serves it purpose for me daily, and allows me to keep track of projects. I plan to maintain, add features, and keep up with as much as I humanly can. I am sorry if the fact it is encrypted 'scares' you, however, the thieves in the world 'scare' me to the point of not having full source. I can justify my reasons just as you can justify yours. Both are great sides, however, in the end I have the more risk of having it pirated.

Now, is this your only concern that you have pointed out I have responded to or are there more to made aware of?

It is always a possibility. I will encrypt as less as possible, but not able to promise the amount. Why is it that I read many complaints about the encryption of addon but nothing about the encryption of WHMCS itself?

Actually people complain about it all the time. I definitely did when i first started using it as well. BUT, WHMCS is a system that can work on its own and can be sold on its own, your script is simple just an addon or a plugin, so it cant be sold or used outside of whmcs, thus limiting its market and ability for thieves to resell it as their own.

I have no problem with you encrypting part of it, just not core logic. Heck, Kayako does that with a lof of success. 98% of its code is unencrypted.

Edited by MACscr

I have no problem with you encrypting part of it, just not core logic. Heck, Kayako does that with a lof of success. 98% of its code is unencrypted.

It's the core logic portion that Kayako encrypts. ;)

Why is it that I read many complaints about the encryption of addon but nothing about the encryption of WHMCS itself?

Partially it's accountability (though as Mac said, plenty don't like it). Not to cast any aspersions on specific authors who take the time to develop these, but Matt has credibility in that if he's doing something wrong with data, it would become apparent pretty quickly. Private authors have less people using it, and less of a "track record" of trust. It doesn't mean they aren't trustworthy, just that they haven't been vetted nearly as much.

It's the cautious person that gets caught out less these days.

Kayako is unencrypted and that is what I am shooting for. Only encrypting license portion and nothing more. However, to do this is taking a little longer than I hoped as well as adding features.

--> Bear...agreed.

I'd also like to know how you accomplish this :)