WHMCS Project Management

Hello all,

As many of you know gurumani developed an add-on for WHMCS for Project Management. A few weeks ago I took full ownership of the module, and own complete rights to this. During the past few weeks I have been playing around with this module for future features.

Gurumani can verify that I am the new 100% owner of this script.

Within the next day I will be releasing this module with a 7-day trial for you to test it, play with the add-on, and get a feel for it. I have thought about an online demo, but at this time think it would better if each individual could utilize this for their own needs. I will posting (hopefully tonight) the link to try the 7-day trial and downloads. Please be patient with me as I have a few other things to accomplish as well.

Thanks,

Gene

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So that is the secret buyer :D

Secret? Did not want to keep it a secret but gurumani is getting questions on the module and I need to add the features. Currently working on this and hope to have ready tonight, if not within the next day.

Edited by DataHosts

As many of you know gurumani developed an add-on for WHMCS for Project Management. A few weeks ago I took full ownership of the module, and own complete rights to this. During the past few weeks I have been playing around with this module for future features.

Since in previous posts you state that you are not a developer, and you could not complete the same addon http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?t=19752 within a 4 month period would someone want to trust that you are going to make the appropriate updates that are needed when whmcs is updated and your "purchased mod" is no longer functioning?

In my personal opinion you are not someone that is capable of developing mods, hence the reason you had to purchase someone elses mod months after you claimed you had the same mod "85%" completed.

It's a shame that there are people with the capabilities to develop the mods that are giving them up to others that do not have the same abilities.

So I guess my question to you do you have someone readily available to update the mod when necessary since you yourself can not do it?

My god would you people leave the poor guy alone... No wonder no one I no wants to make mods...

The issue is he didn't make the mod, WHMCS is updated constantly and sometimes mods no longer function due to changes within the whmcs system, I think it is a fair question as how the mods are going to be updated, or money is going to be thrown out the window...

Also if the mod is encrypted and Licensed then it would be embarassing to be working with a client and suddenly they are being shown "License Invalid" due to the mod creator site being, down, gone, or the module not being updated appropriately and not functioning, what would you tell your client? My apologies but I bought a mod that is no longer supported, and I can not fix it although we are working on a project that I want you to trust me to be able to do?

Please keep in mind WHMCS users are usually interacting direct with a customer and the use of the site, layout of the site, errors on the site, shaddy coding on the site, are all going to directly impact our sales. So the questions I ask are not to flame the mod developer but to try to get some reassurances that my bottom line is not going to be affected by a bad decision of purchasing a mod that was suppose to help increase sales by being more efficient has the opposite effect.

"In my personal opinion you are not someone that is capable of developing mods" that is a FLAME and I would be mad as hell if it was me... Leave the guy alone and go to his website to see info on all you have to ask before you flame him to death...

The same can be said for anyone of the hosting companys that are here and yourself included....

"In my personal opinion you are not someone that is capable of developing mods" that is a FLAME and I would be mad as hell if it was me...
Not a flame, he has stated directly to me that he is not a developer, just an end user, you've stated visit his site? have you? It's another reason someone may have concern.(since Thanksgiving promos are still being run on his site from last year and not to mention the grammar and spelling issues throughout the site, the lack of whmcs being integrated showing a lack of experience with whmcs and the other things such as "legal" links going to 404 errors).

In otherwords I have my personal reasons for asking the questions as I have done my homework, and

I think my questions and opinions will only assist others into making an informative decision.

Edited by herpherp

herbherb..I kindly ask to not post on my thread unless you are 1 - interested in the mod or 2 - purchased the mod. If you are going to do nothing but complain please go elsewhere. I do not bother you and ask that you please do not bother me. You do not know what I do, can do, or have done. I do not know you and you do not know me. I develop everyday as that is what I do for a living. I assisting in developing one of the top selling Church Management Systems on the market today. I worked there for 2 years and the Paradox Program brought in $790k in 1 year. Yes...Paradox. It is outdated but did I state how long ago it was I worked there? At the moment I work for an Motor Repair Business in the IT department as a Network Admin, SQL Report Writer, PHP Developer, as well as manage 15 Windows Servers, 2 Linux Boxes, and 1000+ clients.

So, again I ask that you please do not post on my threads as you clearly state you do not like me.

In my personal opinion you are not someone that is capable of developing mods, hence the reason you had to purchase someone elses mod months after you claimed you had the same mod "85%" completed.

85% done for myself...yes. I purchased this mod to combine them and only have 1 on the market to not compete. He sold to me only after I approached him about it. I made it known that I was working on a mod of this nature and was interested in purchasing this as well. I am sure you understand this concept? If not I will not explain it to you. However, I own this mod, will update this mod, support this mod, add to this mod, and do what I can with this mod for the WHMCS community. I am sorry that I do not have the 100% time to argue with you about this as it is pointless to argue with someone of your nature. Again, if you have nothing usefull to say please do not post on my threads.

herbherb...what is your site by the way. I hate it when users like to bash mine and not show theirs.

Not sure that I can post that in your thread as it wouldn't be useful :-)

I am asking the questions because I am truly interested in utilizing the mod for website design services directly to clients...

You've stated to me that you are not a developer, no one has seen any previous work from you, your site is not in the least "developed" the work that has been done on your site has been done by others as you can clearly see by your posts on wht (asking for assistance on simple installs and the like), and I am just trying to gain some type of reassurance that it would be in our/anyones best interest to purchase this mod from you, or have it developed by someone that knows a bit more? You are the Gene Fields that owns datahosts.com correct?

So all I am asking for is some reassurance that my money would be in the right hands?

Funny, I worked for Servant Keep for 3 years as a web admin and server admin....

85% done for myself...yes. I purchased this mod to combine them and only have 1 on the market to not compete. He sold to me only after I approached him about it. I made it known that I was working on a mod of this nature and was interested in purchasing this as well. I am sure you understand this concept? If not I will not explain it to you. However, I own this mod, will update this mod, support this mod, add to this mod, and do what I can with this mod for the WHMCS community. I am sorry that I do not have the 100% time to argue with you about this as it is pointless to argue with someone of your nature. Again, if you have nothing usefull to say please do not post on my threads.

Funny, I worked for Servant Keep for 3 years as a web admin and server admin....

Small world in that field. I enjoyed it but the owner wanted to go Access and I wanted to go to a Network Admin position. I still do a little work on the side for him when I can.

The project system is coming along nicely. I have decided to add a few features and thus has taken longer than I thought. I will be launching a page dedicated to this module along with feature requests and progress.

Please feel free to post what you would like to see here, or PM if you prefer. I am looking into many features to bring this module out with great hope. I apologize for the extra long wait in the release, but there have been many trials and set-backs that I have had to deal with in the past months. Again, I hope you will give the module a chance to be something great for the WHMCS community.

Thanks for your time.