Lar's Plan Comparison Mod

I have been delayed on this one a bit, mainly coming to grips with automatic currency conversion and learning to use Smarty, but it is almost done :)

It will be a plan comparison page that is similar to others, except that it is completely open and can be modified by anyone.

A sample can be seen here:

https://www.lcwsoft.com/whmcs/compare_plans_2.php?gid=1

Please feel free to post any suggestions or comments. I am hoping to release the first version tomorrow.

EDIT: There are no Order links. This is one of the things remaining to be done.

nice one, are package attributes (like "Bandwidth (MB)", "FTP Accounts") dynamic generated by row?

does the code works outside of whmcs (in cms)?

regards

Hi,

1) They features are defined in an array inside the php file, which is passed to Smarty to allow dynamic generation. New ones could simply be added to the array, and would appear on your site immediately.

2) The code is designed to work inside WHMCS as it depends on the currency functions and database access.

Regards.

Cool. Is that done using Sparky's mod? I see you are offering 5 days trials too? ;)

yes lars that is sparkies mod that i made the template file for to better change the look of it i have no issues with giving the template file up but it wont do anything without sparkies mod well it would be all manual input for your package details.

I am aiming to keep everything dynamically generated.

I looked into the custom fields option, and it may be a bit tricky to do (with the way I am aiming for this addon to work). Custom fields are tied to a particular product instead of product types or groups. I will come back to it later and see if I can come up with a sensible way of doing it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
To be honest, I am most usto sparkys mod and it is worth the purchase, he is very helpful too

Check out a modified version of his mod here for inspiration - https://nc-designs.co.uk/packages.php

Please don't hijack a thread. That being said, your implementation looks nice :)

My mod can do the same thing. It is just designed to be more flexible than Sparky's and can be made to do many more formats by a competent coder.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I was trying to come up with a comparison setup of my own and looked through your file for some ideas. I'll post something back here when I get something concrete. I did want to mention one thing I noticed so far though. You have the following comment:

// plan options.. see if there is a way to generate this automatically from the db

It seems that the configoption mappings are set the in modules in the /modules/server folders and not in the DB anywhere. So it doesn't look like you'll be able to pull this programmatically since they're all encrypted. I'm saying this based on the example document that ships with their module SDK.

http://wiki.whmcs.com/Creating_Modules

Here is a rough version. It contains a template that can be edited and the .php file. Everything must be inside the WHMCS folder.

I was trying to come up with a comparison setup of my own and looked through your file for some ideas. I'll post something back here when I get something concrete. I did want to mention one thing I noticed so far though. You have the following comment:

// plan options.. see if there is a way to generate this automatically from the db

It seems that the configoption mappings are set the in modules in the /modules/server folders and not in the DB anywhere. So it doesn't look like you'll be able to pull this programmatically since they're all encrypted. I'm saying this based on the example document that ships with their module SDK.

http://wiki.whmcs.com/Creating_Modules

It is a good idea to ignore my comments in files sometimes, as I tend to leave them alone and never update them. That being said, I do think you are right.