Custom Free Trials Addon

• 1 month later...

Is it possible to have it set so that after the 30 day trial it just automatically charges the credit card on file for the amount owed?

kind of like a first month free type deal, but they are able to get a quarterly, semi, and yearly package while still getting that trial period and the whole process is seamless?

if not does anyone know of a addon that will do this?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Does it works on whmcs 4.4.2? it has stopped working for us since we upgraded.

Does anyone has it working with 5.0x? I tried to get it working, but get different errors... I have the idea it doesn't work with the API/MySQL of WHMCS 5.+

Rob

• 4 weeks later...

Hi folks,

I have this module but it still in the legacy format.

I tried migrating to the new standard but it is too complicated for me. I don't know how to call the PHP code within the array that the new addon system requires.

I also have updated this module, here is the change log:

- Added two extra reminders and a final notice (for notifying termination);

- Added the ability to send the reminders even if the account is set to "suspended" in case for some reason you manually suspended it before the free trial period expires (special circumstances);

- Added automatic suspension upon free trial final notice is sent. So when the client is notified that his/her account has been cancelled (added to the cancellation list on WHMCS) it also suspends the account. Yes, it will be terminated by WHMCS automated routine anyway when the cron job runs, but if you decide to give some extra grace days to your 30-day free trial, you will keep the client's account alive for a few more days (but suspended since the 30-day period has expired).

You can set your "30-day free trial period" for example to 33 days and in the 30th day the client will get the final notice alerting that the account was cancelled (in fact suspended only) and in the 33th day the account is added to the cancellation list to be terminated by the WHMCS automated routine (if configured to do so).

This trick will pretty much tell the client after 30 days that his account was cancelled when in fact was not. You are actually giving a few more days in the background of your period. This may sound weird since it might discourage the client (since he or she thinks his account was cancelled) but I have experienced many situations where the client during the extra grace period contact me asking to reactivate the account and luckily I have kept for couple more days.

This is totally optional and you can just keep your 30-day period set to 30 days and don't give any grace period on top of the 30 days. The account will be suspended upon final notice is sent and will be terminated upon WHMCS automated routine is ran.

IF ANYBODY KNOWS HOW TO MIGRATE THIS ADDON TO THE NEW ADDON SYSTEM, COULD YOU PLEASE HELP US?

If anybody still want to use this legacy version I have it updated and I also created a file that will create the table on the database and allow you to use it in the legacy format.

Hi folks,

I have this module but it still in the legacy format.

I tried migrating to the new standard but it is too complicated for me. I don't know how to call the PHP code within the array that the new addon system requires.

I also have updated this module, here is the change log:

- Added two extra reminders and a final notice (for notifying termination);

- Added the ability to send the reminders even if the account is set to "suspended" in case for some reason you manually suspended it before the free trial period expires (special circumstances);

- Added automatic suspension upon free trial final notice is sent. So when the client is notified that his/her account has been cancelled (added to the cancellation list on WHMCS) it also suspends the account. Yes, it will be terminated by WHMCS automated routine anyway when the cron job runs, but if you decide to give some extra grace days to your 30-day free trial, you will keep the client's account alive for a few more days (but suspended since the 30-day period has expired).

You can set your "30-day free trial period" for example to 33 days and in the 30th day the client will get the final notice alerting that the account was cancelled (in fact suspended only) and in the 33th day the account is added to the cancellation list to be terminated by the WHMCS automated routine (if configured to do so).

This trick will pretty much tell the client after 30 days that his account was cancelled when in fact was not. You are actually giving a few more days in the background of your period. This may sound weird since it might discourage the client (since he or she thinks his account was cancelled) but I have experienced many situations where the client during the extra grace period contact me asking to reactivate the account and luckily I have kept for couple more days.

This is totally optional and you can just keep your 30-day period set to 30 days and don't give any grace period on top of the 30 days. The account will be suspended upon final notice is sent and will be terminated upon WHMCS automated routine is ran.

IF ANYBODY KNOWS HOW TO MIGRATE THIS ADDON TO THE NEW ADDON SYSTEM, COULD YOU PLEASE HELP US?

If anybody still want to use this legacy version I have it updated and I also created a file that will create the table on the database and allow you to use it in the legacy format.

Where is the download?

Regards,

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Can you use this trial add on to begin auto debiting customers after the trial period ends?

This feature is not available but you can develop it editing and implementing it on the actual code if you know coding. I will not be implementing this sort of feature.

If you do so, respect the Open Source Culture and share it with us ;)

Good luck buddy.

Hi at all.

I Just configured this addon, then upload on the module folder.

Created the email templates

Under Setup > Addon Modules I had activated "DMLW Free Trial".

Problem is when I move to Addons Tab didnt get DMLW

I search trought the directory and when I found it using Keyword "Trial" by side said "Unable to Determine Status"

How to install this module?

I using WHMCS 5.0.3

Thanks in advace for the support

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

hi,

is the DMLW Free Trial Addon 2.1 for WHMCS working with the latest WHMCS Version 5.1.2?

is it possible to use this mod for more than one free products?

i need 5 different trial periods (from 30 days up to 18 month)

thanks for feedback.

roger

It hasn't been tested on 5.1.2 but it should work as legacy module.

It is possible to use this module for more than one free product, you must select your products with CTRL (Windows) or COMMAND (Mac) but you can't set different periods for each. Therefore you can edit the code yourself and personalize it.

Regards,

Daniel Maier