Custom Free Trials Addon

I did get this fixed, I had the files in the wrong place. Just goes to show you should not stay up late at night to install edit files.

I will eventually get around to making a version that requires no crons (hooking into the daily WHMCS cron) and is a bit more flexible.

No ETA on this, as I am tied down with fixing up my own site at the moment and projects.

my cron job does not work

i get this error back in mail; No input file specified.

any ideas what it can be?

Yup, the cron call is wrong. No input file specified is the PHP error message when you call PHP with no file (in this case, my php files) specified.

Hi larwilliams,

i had like this but i removed /admin/

php -q /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/webbhotell/xxxx/modules/admin/freetrial/remindtrial.php

php -q /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/webbhotell/xxxx/modules/admin/freetrial/removetrial.php

to this and it seem to work now.

php -q /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/webbhotell/xxxx/modules/freetrial/remindtrial.php

php -q /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/webbhotell/xxxx/modules/freetrial/removetrial.php

my stupidity.

warm regards K

hello, is possibel to try this script if it works i have set up an free account ,

and in admin settings are:

Trial Duration (Days): 2

Trial Reminder Notice (Days) 1

and if i got to cron i get this.

0 trial reminders sent! and 0 trial accounts removal inserted!

how can test so it works?

hello, is possibel to try this script if it works i have set up an free account ,

and in admin settings are:

Trial Duration (Days): 2

Trial Reminder Notice (Days) 1

and if i got to cron i get this.

0 trial reminders sent! and 0 trial accounts removal inserted!

how can test so it works?

You can try waiting a day, which should help confirm if you set your account up properly or not. Don't forget to include the package the "Free Account" is using in the list of ones that are used for Trials :)

You can try waiting a day, which should help confirm if you set your account up properly or not. Don't forget to include the package the "Free Account" is using in the list of ones that are used for Trials :)

I have had this setup for quite a while now and i do get the cron notice emails but its not sending out the reminder emails. I have this set to 30 doy trial with a 5 day notice and the proper package but no mails get sent out????

Jeff

Hello,

first of all, thanx for this great mod.

I have 2 question

1)what is the max duration of a free package? (can it accept for e.g. 6 months?)

2)Is is possible to have it automatically added to domain registration orders?

for e.g. when a client orders a domain, he will get a free demo hosting package to test it with ?

I have had this setup for quite a while now and i do get the cron notice emails but its not sending out the reminder emails. I have this set to 30 doy trial with a 5 day notice and the proper package but no mails get sent out????

Jeff

There are two cron jobs to set up (at the moment, next version will be tied directly into WHMCS)

removetrial.php

remindtrial.php

I can only assume remindtrial.php is not setup.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here are the hooks for the reminder and removal functions (to replace the cron jobs in the current version). Simply disable the cron jobs you set up, and upload the 3 files to the includes/hooks folder in your WHMCS installation.

Easy as pie now :) I will repackage the addon later this weekend, and update the Plan Comparison one as well.

Hi Lar

Does this mod not work with WHMCS now?

I have the crons setup and the Free Trial emails are being sent out but they are not being terminated automaticallly now...

I am using WHMCS Version: 4.1.2

*Checks hostbill to see if it is bulit in to the core :twisted:

Edit: Does your post above contain fix?

I have the crons set like

0 8 * * * php -q /home7/***/public_html/help-center/modules/admin/freetrial/remindtrial.php

0 7 * * * php -q /home7/***/public_html/help-center/modules/admin/freetrial/removetrial.php

0 0 * * * php -q /home7/***/public_html/help-center/admin/cron.php

*5/ 3 * * * php -q /home7/***/public_html/help-center/pipe/pipe.php

0 3 2 * * php -q /home7/***/public_html/help-center/modules/registrars/enom/enomsync.php

I have the crons set like

0 8 * * * php -q /home7/***/public_html/help-center/modules/admin/freetrial/remindtrial.php

0 7 * * * php -q /home7/***/public_html/help-center/modules/admin/freetrial/removetrial.php

0 0 * * * php -q /home7/***/public_html/help-center/admin/cron.php

*5/ 3 * * * php -q /home7/***/public_html/help-center/pipe/pipe.php

0 3 2 * * php -q /home7/***/public_html/help-center/modules/registrars/enom/enomsync.php

If you use the files in the ZIP in my last post, you can disable the first 2 cron entries. The 3 .php files in the ZIP in the post above are to be uploaded to the includes/hooks folder. In your case, the folder would be:

/home7/***/public_html/help-center/includes/hooks