How to handle affiliate's payment payouts?

kmdguy

Hi there,

I have sort of a newbie question regarding how a possible affiliate program might work for us.

We are using the WHMCS billing software to handle our signups and that is working fine. We are starting to get some regular customer signups and everything seems to have processed properly.

We now want to institute an affiliate program where other people can help promote our site/services and then receive a revenue sharing type payment. The WHMCS software does seem to provide for setting up all of the mechanisms for running an affiliate program.

My question, is when an affiliate refers a customer to our site and then they sign up and pay, how do we handle the logistics of paying our affiliates their ongoing percentage? I mean the credit gets processed through Quantum/CDG fine and apparently gets deposited into our bank account, but is there a way that handles issuing monies to our affiliates? How do people using WHMCS handle issuing payouts to their affiliates?

How would this work? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi,

When the affiliate balance reaches your payout level, a "Request Withdrawal" button appears for your client. Clicking this then opens a support ticket and you can assign credit to their account (and then set their balance back to 0) or send money via PayPal or cheque etc.

Let me know if that's helpful and I'll add that to the wiki.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 12 years later...

Handling affiliate payment payouts requires a clear and organized process to ensure timely and accurate payments. Here are some steps to follow:

• Set up payment terms
  • Collect payment information
  • Calculate commissions
  • Generate payment reports
  • Issue payment
  • Keep accurate records
  • Provide payment support