Email marketing software recommendations?

judithscott

The only problem I have with email marketer when reselling it is that potential customers are very wary of storing their contacts on my servers, and it is not easy to convince them that this is a standard procedure and I will not be misusing their data. Anyone else encountered this issue? Would appreciate how you dealt with it.

Another issue is that they would not want to export data from their CRM and then import them again into Email marketer, rather they would want to just use their crm for contact management, I havent found a good solution to this either

Thanks

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Juanzo!

We use Interspire Emailmarketer. First class item, good support and we also resell it to our clients Email Marketing needs. We have used many other mass email clients/applications but Interspire Emailmarketer is a true white label item that it very easy to integrate into a new site or existing one. Very easy to resale.

Hey guys, I know this is a rather broad topic, but a lot of people want to know...

And i know the answer already... I just want to see how other people look at it... Proper email marketing with optin, coreg, or survey leads is faster at making your site come up in the rankings... but are the rankings really what is important?

Or, at the end of the day... isn't it the total sales you've generated more important?

Just a thought for discussion. At data4marketers.com we supply all of the optin data that's going around, and our clients are steady: meaning they wouldn't keep doing it if there wasn't good value in what they're doing.. Yes, we do sell coreg data below industry rates, and there is value in doing so, but we also carry the largest selection of data available. We even have a live coreg data feed that comes in daily too. But I know people are really big on the SEO these days...

Now, if you can do SEO real good... how long does it take to get things started where you would be happy with the income you generate? 3 months? 6 months? A lot of companies can't wait for this kind of wait for a turn-around. Let me hear some optinions...

Often people ask how we are able to offer genuine optin data for so cheap.. A lot of times it will be the same database offered at a competing site for only 30% of the price... It's because we have a low overhead, low advertising budget, we're not greedy, and because of this we can pass along the savings to our clients.

Thanks,

J / James / Data4marketers

sales at data4marketers com

data4marketers com

AIM: Data4marketers

YIM: Coreg4marketers

+1 for Email Marketer. I just recently spent some time researching for a email marketing software solution for a customer of mine and came across interspire. I quickly became a partner with them so I could offer my clients some discounted pricing, but we mainly did it so we can be affiliated with them. My client will be using either a VPS or dedicated server with us and we'll install the software and set it all up for them. I have yet to get my hands on a copy to play with, but it seems very good. I would have to assume people are going to have their opinions about both 1-2-All and Email Marketer.

Being a Mac guy and seeing mac screenshots at Interspire helped a little :D

+1 for Email Marketer. I just recently spent some time researching for a email marketing software solution for a customer of mine and came across interspire. I quickly became a partner with them so I could offer my clients some discounted pricing, but we mainly did it so we can be affiliated with them. My client will be using either a VPS or dedicated server with us and we'll install the software and set it all up for them. I have yet to get my hands on a copy to play with, but it seems very good. I would have to assume people are going to have their opinions about both 1-2-All and Email Marketer.

Being a Mac guy and seeing mac screenshots at Interspire helped a little :D

If you are a partner, you can get NFR units for free.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What would be very nice is if email marketer could integrate with WHMCS. i.e. provisioning of accounts, billing options i.e. per month or per email and then automatically invoicing via WHMCS.

Anyone want to work on this? :)

My favorite software has always been Lyris. It's much too expensive to get directly from them though, we get it through one of their resellers, NetAtlantic. The big advantage to using a 3rd party is that company is responsible for making sure your list remains white listed and has maximum deliverability.

• 3 weeks later...

Check out Constant Contact http://www.constantcontact.com -- they have very reasonable rates, allow you to try the service for 30 days, and the pricing is excellent. ConstantContact just added a new survey product that you can use with your account.

We tried Topica http://www.topica.com as well but the pricing is steeper for the same features that Constant Contact offers.

Another good company to try out is Lyris http://www.lyris.com/ though they are costlier than Constant Contact and Topica, though they have more sophisticated features

what is disadvantages for using our own IP for mass mailing ?

Can we send mass mailing by using gmail a/c?

Simple Answer "BLACKLISTING"

If you use your own IP for large scale mass mailing for one thing your IP host could see this as spamming and terminate your hosting, this could also result in the IP being registered on Blacklists. This will also apply to gmail as they have anti spam policies.

The best option is to use something like mailchimp

• 2 weeks later...
What would be very nice is if email marketer could integrate with WHMCS. i.e. provisioning of accounts, billing options i.e. per month or per email and then automatically invoicing via WHMCS.

Anyone want to work on this? :)

Yes, I'm looking for this too.. Would be great to have this.

• 2 weeks later...

We use RebelCRM for sending out all marketing newsletters now, yes we have developed some automation features but its based on sugarcrm - free download

of course this is more then email marketing its a full crm -- hosted it yourself and save money

• 3 weeks later...