Site Built Around WHMCS

annomander

No glaring errors. I have to say that is superb and very cleverly done. Good design as well. Once the other sections are added you will have achieved something to be rightfully proud of. I assume that you will create all the other pages using the same method? :)

I don't think further development should wait if you are live though because certain other sections are essential as I am sure you know. Legal especially. Best wishes and I hope you show us the finished result. If the rest is this good it'll be worth seeing.

Edited by redrat

Yep, everything will be based around the smarty templates of WHMCS, the other support sections appear when logged in.

I think the three of the biggest jobs were Titles for some off the whmcs pages, it was a while but I can remember there not really being enough control over it

some of the menu link actives, as they are active on {php}if $something == $page then print active

as some of the support (tickets used the same page name) so I had to create unique page variables for them

Oh and wondering how to keep the home page graphics but have it in a logical manner, in the end, that was cut and pasted wholesale into a general support section.

Still unsure about the icons across the bottom, need more spacing out but only there really for seo purposes once done.

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

it took a while, being working on it a few months, but most of this is because I havn't had the time to touch it, so its being a touch here on week and a touch there, its still really unfinished and hasn't moved this I created this thread, with time off at christmas I'm hoping to finish all the other sections.

Custom integrations isn't really that hard, its just a case of cut and pasting into the relevant templates the bits that you want. Even with this one I havn't gone as far as I could as most of the tables are still standard

Yep, I've just upgraded to the latest, in the upgrade file it tells you which template files have being changed.

I had to open the new template file side by side with my altered one and make comparisons and copy the changes across to the new file, as you quite rightly thought it was not something that had fully occured to me when I originally put the site together, now thats its almost finished, if I could go back then there'd probs be quite a few changes to simplify things or do the build better.

Maybe WHMCS should supply two different template files, one as it is now, and one stripped to the bare minimum, as some of the current html has to be stripped out anyway, as a example take the headings.

These are currently set as something like

<p class="heading">{blah}</p>

Where I've come across I've changed that to <h3>{blah}</h3>

The original html, I don't really understand why its being done like that.

The other thing its very hard to check if you've missed a template page