[Sneak Peek] - Server Status Plus

Shaun

This is an extended smarty template which allows you to moniter ANY TCP/IP DEVICE.

It monitors your whmcs servers (from the DB) on configurable ports.

And then some more that you choose.

Just got a little more config to do.

Im thinking about allowing caching so it runs quicker.

Thoughts and ideas would be awesome.

extended Server Statis.jpg

This is all configurable of one array.

You can have different ports for different server types.

This can handle servers that are not part of your whmcs install.

Allows you to toggle on and off.

Will also have the ability to cache the page (if you want) main reason being that the page takes a while to load checking all the ports. And also the ability to be able run the cache as a cron job and be alerted when a port is down ;P

I"m guessing the reason for not Nagios is that it's for people who need a simpler solution than Nagios. Remember configuring that system? Took more than a few hours, and for someone with only a handful of servers it's a complicated program.

On the other hand, with the number of systems that you and I have, Nagios is one of the only ways to go. (I'm actually using Zabbix, and setting up Zenoss here at the moment - 140 servers entered, more to go).

I think the system that Shaun has is great for alerts etc - it wouldn't have any statistics or event logging (from what I can tell) which is critical when troubleshooting events on servers etc.

But as an out of the box solution for monitoring a few ports, getting downtime notices, and viewing what all the servers are doing in a simple chart, it looks great.

But as an out of the box solution for monitoring a few ports, getting downtime notices, and viewing what all the servers are doing in a simple chart, it looks great.

Thats the main point.

Something simple that ties into your WHMCS and something that allows a littlre more customisation.

Can also display the content of any http get.

So like that status but you can write a script for your team speak servers that show total connected/free slots etc.

I like the looks of it Shaun. Not sure if I can use it much myself here, but if you want to drop me a note for some testing etc, let me know. We can see how it works under a load of 50-100 servers etc if you wanted.

What I'd hope for is that the data would be already pooled in the database and then just displayed on the page, maybe with a refresh. That way you're not constantly pinging the servers should you have multiple support staff viewing the page etc.

What I'd hope for is that the data would be already pooled in the database and then just displayed on the page, maybe with a refresh. That way you're not constantly pinging the servers should you have multiple support staff viewing the page etc.

There is the option to chache the data for larger companies.

So that you can set a cron task that creates the cache. This also ties into the altering, either via email or the execution of a custom piece of code.

For someone like 100 servers it should do all the work in the cron/cache routine and be a simple read/dump from a cache file.

I have made a point of keeping this php4 compatible.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
It's 3 months since he gave the sneak peak? It's obvious that he didn't get it to work and won't release it...

This topic should be moved out of this forum, as this has nothing to do with Contributions / Addons.

Cheers for trolling bud ;).

Its on hold for the time being. Its working but not to high the standard that my other mods and apps do. There are some issues with the caching (as stated about 2 weeks ago) and other clients that are taking my time (appreciative ones at that :roll:).

Edited by Shaun

• 2 years later...