Intergration of WHMCS into HTML/CSS site.

pbhosting

Ok, so, the search didn't provide any real results to my question. I have an HTML/CSS styled site, but i haven't found a good guide on how to do it.

if there has already been a topic made, could someone please point it out without the rude comments would be great :D

thanks!

The integration documentation on this site will help to some extent and researching this forum thoroughly will provide a wealth of clues and information that you can use immediately. Unfortunately, there is no 'good guide' as such since how long is a piece of string? Everyone's circumstances and requirements are unique according to many factors, not least how their site is coded.

However, the basic header and footer integration will be an excellent start and you can develop it from there. Have a go and good luck. ;)

The integration documentation on this site will help to some extent and researching this forum thoroughly will provide a wealth of clues and information that you can use immediately. Unfortunately, there is no 'good guide' as such since how long is a piece of string? Everyone's circumstances and requirements are unique according to many factors, not least how their site is coded.

However, the basic header and footer integration will be an excellent start and you can develop it from there. Have a go and good luck. ;)

while your post was semi helpful in pointing the way, however when you search for Header intergration, it doesnt return anything that gives a good overview of how to do a BASIC intergration.

i understand everyone's site and intergration needs are as different as the ip addresses of the interwebs, however, a good basic guide on how to intergrate is what i was looking for.

whmcs looks out of place on my site in its current form. we changed the default whmcs logo which helped, but it still looks out of place.

hope this makes more sense :-/

What you say does make sense as I hope what I said does. Much as I said, there is no such thing as what you are looking for. It does not exist. You either have to just have a go and do it yourself using the only information available to you.......as above.....or ask someone else here to do the job for you in consideration of some kind of relevant fee.

Hope that makes more sense. Best wishes anyway. :)

@pbhosting: Your style sheet is empty for shared.html dedicated.html vps.html and ssl.html. Check to make sure that stylin.css exists in your root folder. The below line from the header of each of those files is being used to import the stylesheet for those pages.

<link href="stylin.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
Maybe it should be the same as whats in your index.html and contact.html
<link href="images/styles1.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
That should give you a head start

With your site being all html you would be better off putting your whmcs in your root public_html (instead of in the billing folder) and creating new php files for the above files in whmcs and puting the content into the corresponding new template files.

See http://wiki.whmcs.com/Creating_Pages for a start on that.

Edited by sparky

The "view source" scrape is a good way to go about it. If you have a page already and you're looking to emulate that look, do a view source and then use some of that code plugged into the header and footer files of your whmcs template.

I know this sounds VERY vague, but that's because it's soooo different for every site out there. If you have any code that you're positive should work and doesn't, try these tags surrounding it:

{literal} {/literal}

Also, if you're planning on using this method and on using an SSL dedicated to a subdomain, be sure to place the images on the SSL domain/subdomain to avoid the IE warning pop up that makes users think their computer is being taken over by aliens.

As many people have said, there is no set way to go about this. The fact that an integration is individual, means that each method will also be just as individual.

A couple of tips.....

1) As mentioned, do some research here BEFORE starting. This not only could mean reading the various posts, but also take a look at the WHMCS Showcase forum, this will not only give you an insight into what can be done, but also a few ideas too (just don't steal too many ;)).

2) Get a decent web coding app/mod, by this I mean something like firebug (Firefox only), although there is a similar add on now for IE, but nowhere near as good. I find it invaluable when doing any web-dev work, and can really help you learn where various aspects of the WHMCS templates, css files and other elements lay.

3) Dont be afraid to experiment. If your only half good at web-dev, it's good enough. You cant break anything, as you can always replace files. So get stuck in.

4) Don't be afraid to ask, I'm still relatively new to tricking WHMCS, but in the last 6 months or so I have learned so much from the people on here, simply by asking.... but my tip on this is to try and make it specific as possible, as your more likely to get help that way.

5) Build it up, bit by bit. I started by simply changing the colours and logo, then added to it, and added to it etc etc. As long as tyou make the initial change work with your site, that's also a good way to go about it.