Typo: Domain EPP Code Description

HSc

Just wanted to point this out. It may be a linguistic thing (WHMCS being in the UK, me in N. America) but I think this is a typo on the word "authorisation". That should be a Z, not an S.

Found in lang/English.txt

_LANG["domaineppcodedesc"] = "This needs to be obtained from the current registrar for authorisation";

v 3.6.1

Just wanted to point this out. It may be a linguistic thing (WHMCS being in the UK, me in N. America) but I think this is a typo on the word "authorisation". That should be a Z, not an S.

The "s" version is correct - if enough hosts use the real spellings of colour and authorise I'm sure it'll eventually catch on with the general populace ;)

If you must add deliberate spelling mistakes to your lang files try ...

perl -p -i -e "s/ised/ized/g" Eng*

perl -p -i -e "s/isatio/ization/g" Eng*

perl -p -i -e "s/iser/izer/g" Eng*

The "s" version is correct - if enough hosts use the real spellings of colour and authorise I'm sure it'll eventually catch on with the general populace ;)

Aye but there's the rub: we here in Canada do use the OU spelling in words like Colour.

The point is that there are multiple words, and the file has to be edited with every WHMCS update. I'd argue it's far easier to have Matt (or one other person) update 2 nearly-same language files (when they change) so that dozens (hundreds?) of customers don't have to every update.

And here's the list of US English "Misspellings" I found at quick glance:

$_LANG["knowledgebasefavorites"] = "Add to Favourites";
$_LANG["flashtutorialsheadertext"] = "Our Flash Tutorials are here to help you fully utilise your web hosting control panel. Choose a task from below to see a step by step tutorial on how to complete it.";
$_LANG["cartconfigoptionsdesc"] = "This product/service has some options which you can choose from below to customise your order.";
$_LANG["outofstockdescription"] = "We are currently out of stock on this item so orders for it have been suspended until more stock is available. For furthur information, please contact us.";

http://dictionary.cambridge.org

University of Cambrige/Cambridge University (located in Cambridge, England).

If you type any of these words ending in 'ise' in to the dictionary, they mention that the UK uses it this way, but the lead spelling is with 'ize' and they go on with the definition using 'ize'.

And yes, to Americans seeing the word it immediately looks like bad spelling.

NOH

Here's an easy fix for you

Open the langage file eg.. English.txt

at the very bottom add this line

include 'templates/' . $CONFIG['Template'] . '/CustomLang.php';
Now create a file and name it CustomLang.php and put it in your theme directory

eg..

<?php

$_LANG["globalsystemname"] = "CUSTOM Support";

$_LANG["globalyouarehere"] = "You are NOT here";

?>

If you want to change a default variable just copy it from the default lang file to your new custom one.

You can also create your own GLOBAL Variables (I read someone was asking that in a different thread)

Now when you upgrade to the next version your changes won't be lost.

Enjoy!!

PS.

Please stop this unnecessary argument about how to spell the bloody word.

Matt is the Developer and he lives in the UK. That's how they spell it there!!

Your in the US you spell it different. Dam well change it if you don't like it!!

Your in the US you spell it different. Dam well change it if you don't like it!!

You are missing my point.... For the number of words that are spelled differently, it would be a fairly trivial matter for WHMCS to make the changes once and release a 2nd language file for all the US customers to use.

It's simple - WHMCS makes the changes once, and adds the words to both files once with each new version. OR some number of US customers all have to make the change each release.

Worse still, those US customers who don't realize the differences and look like they can't spell to their customers.

Well, there's your problem: you can't even spell YOU'RE

as in: "Your in the US you spell it different."

And it's damN. Your spelling is that thing that stops water.

:lol:

chill dude. I started this thread by saying it may be a linguistic thing. If you don't like it, don't read it. But you may want to pick up a dictionary. :idea:

Worse still, those US customers who don't realize the differences and look like they can't spell to their customers.

BING!

Every little bit helps and I have already caught other typos. Share and share alike.

Then again, if I was evil(er) I wouldn't mention any typos and let my competition look bad. heh heh hehhhhh. :twisted:

Thanks for the work around sparky (at least for the store side)

I won't make any further comment/s on which way is better or correct.. all that I know is uk customer read/understand it both ways.. but the US market would consider the UK way as wrong .. none the less, thanks for sharing

Here's an easy fix for you

Open the langage file eg.. English.txt

at the very bottom add this line

Now create a file and name it CustomLang.php and put it in your theme directory

eg..

If you want to change a default variable just copy it from the default lang file to your new custom one.

You can also create your own GLOBAL Variables (I read someone was asking that in a different thread)

Now when you upgrade to the next version your changes won't be lost.

Enjoy!!

PS.