Kayako Integration Issues

scarson

Kayako Version -Kayako SupportSuite v3.20.02

WHMCS Versin - 3.6.1

I have followed the installation instructions and activated Kayako in WHMCS accordingly. However, I have not been able to figure out how to remove the customized headers and footers for the Kayako template from the WHMCS client area. In other words. We have custom header and footer graphics that we want displayed on the standalone access pages :::> http://support.musibusinesshosting.com. However we DO NOT want those header and footer graphics to appear in the WHMCS client area. What is unclear is how to make this work with multiple templates. Is this a known bug and/or feature? :twisted: Is this a WHMCS client area template issue? The reason I ask is because we are able to get the integration to properly function ONLY with a vanilla Kayako default template. If we use the Kayako Group Templates features, or customize the Kayako default template in any way, the integration fails.

I'd appreciate any guidanace available on this issue.

• 3 weeks later...
Kayako Version -Kayako SupportSuite v3.20.02

WHMCS Version - 3.6.1

I have followed the installation instructions and activated Kayako in WHMCS accordingly. However, I have not been able to figure out how to remove the customized headers and footers for the Kayako template from the WHMCS client area. In other words. We have custom header and footer graphics that we want displayed on the standalone access pages :::> http://support.musibusinesshosting.com. However we DO NOT want those header and footer graphics to appear in the WHMCS client area. What is unclear is how to make this work with multiple templates. Is this a known bug and/or feature? :twisted: Is this a WHMCS client area template issue? The reason I ask is because we are able to get the integration to properly function ONLY with a vanilla Kayako default template. If we use the Kayako Group Templates features, or customize the Kayako default template in any way, the integration fails.

I'd appreciate any guidance available on this issue.

For those of you who may be struggling with this or a similar issue, I'd like to share my solution. But before I do, I would like to thank Raghav Arora from Kayako for taking the time to work this out with my team leader.

Okay ... The simple answer

The Kayako/WHMCS integration works flawlessly thus far if you follow these additional steps.

1. Make sure that the template named "default" is assigned to the whmcs (we really haven't tried with other template names ... but read on to see why other template name may work)

2. Make sure that the header and footer css files for the default template are "vanilla" meaning don't add any customizations that may interfere or conflict with your whmcs css.

3. Log into your Kayako admin cp and duplicate or create another template group for your standalone.

Now this is where we (me personally) got lost. For each additional template group that you create you must "allow" it specific access to EVERY aspect of the Kayako data base. That's the part that we missed. In other words you have to go "Tickets>Departments>Manage Departments" and then edit each and every department so that it is assigned to ALL of the template groups that you want to grant access to the database. For example, if you have a department named "Abuse" would click on edit and then under "Template Group" you would click on "Customize" and tick each template group that you would like to grant access to the "Abuse" department. You must repeat this step for EVERY department. You must also do this for your knowledge base, news, downloads, etc. A global switch does not exist at this time, but may be present in future Kayako builds.

Hope this helps ...

• 1 month later...
For those of you who may be struggling with this or a similar issue, I'd like to share my solution. But before I do, I would like to thank Raghav Arora from Kayako for taking the time to work this out with my team leader.

Okay ... The simple answer

The Kayako/WHMCS integration works flawlessly thus far if you follow these additional steps.

1. Make sure that the template named "default" is assigned to the whmcs (we really haven't tried with other template names ... but read on to see why other template name may work)

2. Make sure that the header and footer css files for the default template are "vanilla" meaning don't add any customizations that may interfere or conflict with your whmcs css.

3. Log into your Kayako admin cp and duplicate or create another template group for your standalone.

Now this is where we (me personally) got lost. For each additional template group that you create you must "allow" it specific access to EVERY aspect of the Kayako data base. That's the part that we missed. In other words you have to go "Tickets>Departments>Manage Departments" and then edit each and every department so that it is assigned to ALL of the template groups that you want to grant access to the database. For example, if you have a department named "Abuse" would click on edit and then under "Template Group" you would click on "Customize" and tick each template group that you would like to grant access to the "Abuse" department. You must repeat this step for EVERY department. You must also do this for your knowledge base, news, downloads, etc. A global switch does not exist at this time, but may be present in future Kayako builds.

Hope this helps ...

I noticed that you are using separate subdomains for the billing and support. Does IRS work in Kayako setup this way?

I noticed that you are using separate subdomains for the billing and support. Does IRS work in Kayako setup this way?

We've experienced ZERO problems with this integration. In fact the upgrade to WHMC 3.6.2 was flawless. Which says a lot about the quality of WHMCS's programming and development. In fact the WHMCS team's latest innovations has caused us to take a second look at whether or not we really even need Kayako. WHMCS is truly an awesome product. We've managed to successfully integrate the following applications with 100% satisfactory results:

Billing -- WHMCS

Support -- Kayako

Affiliate -- JRox

CMS -- Joomla! 1.5.4

Virtual Agent -- Virtual Smart Agent

We owe a large debt of gratitude to this community for the knowledge and experience shared here. The support staff is also amazing. 8)