one main company, multiple websites with whmcs??

amnesia

I can say PayPal will allow you to have multiple business accounts, at least in the US. I have my own business account, and I was the treasurer of a local kids baseball league. When I opened the 2nd account it would not accept my SSN because I already had an account. I had to call in to PayPal and FAX a copy of our IRS EIN letter, but since then it's been just fine. (Well, at least as fine as PayPal ever is.)

easyhosting,

PayPal knows so it is officially supported. I was on the phone with them while the second account was set up by them, and they knew we already had another business account (and that I also had a personal account). I just told them I needed a second account for a second DBA, and they had no problem with it as long as I had a separate checking account and credit card to attach to it, and the official business licensing to support operating under the additional DBA name. Make sure your DBA name shows on your bank statement as this is important to them.

Our main company EIN is in both PayPal accounts for tax reporting purposes and my name is the contact name on both accounts (3 including my personal account) so there is nothing secret about it, and we've had both business accounts for well over a year now. It was a manager that set up the second account for me when we needed it so it is "officially" supported contrary to your statement. While you may have tried and failed, I have done it through official PayPal channels and succeeded so I also know what I'm saying.

We officially have two business PayPal accounts, and PayPal is perfectly aware of this fact.

All I can tell you it is possible with the correct business licensing documents, and a separate bank account for each PayPal account. PayPal's only real restrictions are you cannot have the same email address, bank account, or credit card attached to more than one PayPal account.

If you get mixed answers get to a manager instead of the first line support people.

Added thought: I noticed you're in the UK. Maybe it has to do with your business licensing documentation not showing the separate DBA clearly enough. I don't know what UK licensing docs look like, but that's all I can think of being different. Our business licensing explicitly lists every name our business operates under, and PayPal said they will treat each as a separate business entity if we wish for the purposes of having multiple PayPal accounts.

Edited by thunderbolt

Added thought: I noticed you're in the UK. Maybe it has to do with your business licensing documentation not showing the separate DBA clearly enough. I don't know what UK licensing docs look like, but that's all I can think of being different. Our business licensing explicitly lists every name our business operates under, and PayPal said they will treat each as a separate business entity if we wish for the purposes of having multiple PayPal accounts.

In the UK their is no thing as DBAs. To run a business all you need is a business plan and to inform the Inland revenue and of course a business bank account. when you reach a certain threshold (77K) you then have to become VAT registered. apart from that no other official documents are needed

• 3 weeks later...
In the UK their is no thing as DBAs. To run a business all you need is a business plan and to inform the Inland revenue and of course a business bank account. when you reach a certain threshold (77K) you then have to become VAT registered. apart from that no other official documents are needed

DBAs are not always required in the US either (actually its a state matter but all states use them). You don't need a DBA if the business name is he same as your personal name or the business name is the same as the corporation name. For example if your business name is Maggie Thatcher & Associates, and your name is Maggie Thatcher you don't need a DBA.

I am curious: how do you open a business bank account in England without any business papers? How does IRD know to tax you if there is no paper to link your business to your person?

I am curious: how do you open a business bank account in England without any business papers? How does IRD know to tax you if there is no paper to link your business to your person?

As a sole trader you can just open a business bank account like any other bank account in the UK (or you could when i set mine up in 1999) you then i to contact the HMRC and register for a business class National Insurance stamp rate and then yoiu have upto 3 months to register for business tax purposes because a sole trader is just you so your business would be Maggie Thatcher T/A Maggie Thatcher & Associates.

I think the process is different if you set up as a partnership or limited company.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Does anyone know of a working solution to running multiple companies from one installation? I don't' mind continuing to pay for multiple licenses, I'm just trying to solve the administration end of things and getting down to one customer database and one administration end of things for all my Domain/Hosting business. I'm willing to pay to get this accomplished, so whomever knows of a working solutions, I'm willing to spend the money to get it done right. :)

Does anyone know of a working solution to running multiple companies from one installation? I don't' mind continuing to pay for multiple licenses, I'm just trying to solve the administration end of things and getting down to one customer database and one administration end of things for all my Domain/Hosting business. I'm willing to pay to get this accomplished, so whomever knows of a working solutions, I'm willing to spend the money to get it done right. :)

Sadly there is no "right way" to achieve this in WHMCS. Simply it isn't a core feature & no module has been created to make this work (that I know of).

The best way to go to one customer database is to use the "Linking to WHMCS" feature & use a custom theme. Other than that your looking at either another software or multiple WHMCS installations.