resomend enoms ssl certificates ($9.95)

generic

Just thought I would pass on my experience with enoms rapid ssl certificates.

In the past I always used the planet ($14.95)

For the first time I tried using enoms rapid ssl. took me a total of 5 minures per website to buy, approve and install. Works great and its the best price I have found so far.

Anyone who is a reseller of enom has the capability to use these certs. You purchase them thru your reseller account.

definitely recommended.

Who's it signed by? Some unknown company?

RapidSSL is a subsidiary of GeoTrust.

The are the exact same from an encryption/security point of view. You pay more for GeoTrust certificates because of the name recognition.

Customers easily recognize the name making them feel more at ease and more likely to buy. Something like that anyways :)

have you ever went to a website selling something and checked the ssl cert first, and then decided, wait, its from some unknown company, i wont buy from this store. come on. i dont think anyone does that, so in the end, does it really matter if my ssl cert is from joes ssl certs or geotrust. Not really, the only issue i possbly see is you want to buy from a reliable company so their cert does not get revoked, or whatever you call it when they lost their root cert and all subsequent certs fail. I believe that happened to comodo's free cert a while back.

Thanks. I had no issues with FF or IE.

Of course not, as i said, they are the EXACT same as GeoTrust, infact they use the same root certificate server (equifax secure).

Basically in GeoTrust's eyes, the RapidSSL are for personal sites, really small busineses etc and are very very cheap compared to their "Professional" line which is where the GeoTrust name starts.

I like the dynamic images for GeoTrust's logos myself, that's the main reason i chose them.. i know, wierd.

I use the $9.99/year RapidSSL Certs from enom on a personal site of mine. These SSL Certificates work perfectly and no Certificate Errors/Warnings in the browser. Also the setup/approval is very fast! I highly recommend these Certs. Get yourself the best enom reseller account you can find :) You won't regret it. enom can potentially become another stream of income for your hosting business.

• 4 weeks later...
I just went to http://www.enom.com/secure/default.asp to check out the SSL certificates and the lowest I see is $19.95

George

Are you an enom reseller?

Unless something has changed in the past 48 hours (which is when I got my 9.95 job) when you log in, click on 'Manage SSL Certificates' and then 'add new ceritficate'. You should see it there, second from top.

It verified and installed easy as anything and I was up and running in less than 10 minutes.

MyLama

Are you an enom reseller?

Unless something has changed in the past 48 hours (which is when I got my 9.95 job) when you log in, click on 'Manage SSL Certificates' and then 'add new ceritficate'. You should see it there, second from top.

It verified and installed easy as anything and I was up and running in less than 10 minutes.

MyLama

The price you get depends on the type of enom reseller account you have, if you have a third party reseller account (An reseller account sold by another enom reseller) then the price is fixed by them and cant be below the resellers own prices (plus a little bit more which enom insists on).

It's a shame WHMCS does not have an automated Enom SSL selling function as then I would probably move over from AWBS. (Hurry up guys i'm tired of bad code land)

<<self promo removed>>

Sam M

ServWise Hosting is the best