Possible to mark support ticket as spam?

apollo1

I am running 3.6.0 and I was just wondering if there is an easy way to mark an incoming penis support ticket as spam. I see there is an option to allow me to easily block the email address, which I did. Do I basically have to manually enter the offending words/subject into the spam filter?

Thanks!

I don't think you understood my question -- I received a spam mail to my support email, and in turn WHMCS opened a ticket for it. So, now that I have the ticket open, and before I delete it, I was wondering if there was some function in WHMCS that would allow me to classify it as spam (maybe automatically blocking the email and at the same time adding the subject of the mail to the spam filter).

I know what you mean about mail server level spam, but I am just concerned about the SPAM feature within WHMCS in this case.

incoming penis support ticket

I know the topic isn't meant to be funny, but that line is hilarious. Sorry. ;)

You can block that email address, by clicking the "Block Sender" button on the ticket view page.

While a useful feature for other reasons, blocking email senders to stop spammers is like using a shovel to stop an incoming tide. Sender email addresses are almost never the same with each junk message. Even blocking just the domain won't help much, if at all, as the spammers have grown too sophisticated to be stopped by simple means. Layered protection, just like server security practices, is the answer. Sever side prefiltering and the built in captcha with registered users features are the best practices to combat this effectively, IMHO.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

I know the topic isn't meant to be funny, but that line is hilarious. Sorry. ;)

I know I thought that was funny too - lol!

While a useful feature for other reasons, blocking email senders to stop spammers is like using a shovel to stop an incoming tide. Sender email addresses are almost never the same with each junk message. Even blocking just the domain won't help much...

You are absolutely right. I've ended up blocking a few email addresses, but it feels like trying to plug a leaky dam with bubble gum.