Jump to content

Free WHMCS 9 readiness + security audit addon — looking for a few testers before I list it


LiquidMonks

Recommended Posts

I built a free addon called Examen because I couldn't find anything that answers "which of my modules will break on WHMCS 9?". It reads every module, hook and template file in your install and reports:

  • PHP 8.x removals and deprecations (removed functions, ${var} interpolation, dynamic properties…), with file and line
  • legacy WHMCS database helpers (select_query, full_query) and mysql_*
  • Smarty tags WHMCS 9 / Smarty 4 no longer supports ({php}, {include_php}, {fetch}, $smarty.template_object, SmartyBC calls)
  • ionCube / SourceGuardian / Zend Guard files it can't inspect, so you know which vendor to chase
  • a per-module verdict (Ready / Needs review / Blocked / Encoded) and a 0–100 readiness score
  • a short security pass: default admin folder, configuration.php permissions, attachments/templates_c inside the web root, leftover install/, admins without 2FA, API credentials with no IP allowlist, error display left on

It never executes the code it scans, makes no outbound connections, and never reads your database credentials. MIT licensed, 140+ unit tests on PHP 8.1–8.4.

I don't run a hosting company, so I have no production WHMCS to prove it against. If you're on 8.13 or 9.0 and willing to install it on a staging copy and send me the JSON export (or just a screenshot of the summary), I'll fix whatever it gets wrong and credit you in the changelog — and anyone who reports a real bug gets a free year of our first paid module when it launches. Happy to send the source first if you'd rather read it than run it.

Details: https://liquidmonks.com/whmcs-examen — reply here or email info@liquidmonks.com and I'll send the zip with its SHA-256 and a one-page test guide.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Guidelines and understand your posts will initially be pre-moderated