Mail from WHMCS going to junk folders

bendex

Hi,

All the mail sent to customers from WHMCS ends up in their junk folders. 90% of my customers seem to use free email accounts.

I use hotmail myself, and I get automated emails from other companies which don't go to my junk folder, so there must be something wrong with mail generated from WHMCS.

Has anyone found a way around this?

Thanks,

Ben.

May help to use an SPF record, even if it's very open. Use the various DNS tools out there to ensure you have your DNS set up correctly. Don't even think about anything else before you've checked your reverse DNS - nothing will receive email from you without one of those being set up.

Definitely use SMTP rather than php mail().

You can always ask hotmail what they would recommend - they have reasonable support, providing you ask clear and intelligent questions.

I suspect it can help if you create a hotmail account, or better, use an existing one, email it and then retrieve your email out of the spam folder and add it to address book etc. I've heard comments that hotmail use this to assess validity of incoming email sources, not sure if that's true or not, but worth a go.

• 2 weeks later...

not sure if you are aware but changing to smtp all the emails are sent with the email you are using to autheticate, so if you have used lets say support@ for smtp authentication all thge emails ( no matter what you have filled out for sales department, or any other department in the support area) will be sent with support@ email as From.....one of the reasons why we are not using SMTP :-(

Thanx!